Semi or bolt?

I just bought a Brand New Ruger 10/22 today - Semi Auto .22LR Synthetic stock , Blued barrel for £229 - Very happy with it!!!

14L.jpg

Awesome fun too, and will be great for the rabbits, along with my CZ .17HMR Silhouette

CCI Velociter .22LR give 183ft/lbs and 1435fps 40gr will try them out soon, currently got some cheap Remington .22LR subsonics

ATB ;)

Edited by elvolcan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a Brand New Ruger 10/22 today - Semi Auto .22LR Synthetic stock , Blued barrel for £229 - Very happy with it!!!

14L.jpg

Awesome fun too, and will be great for the rabbits, along with my CZ .17HMR Silhouette

CCI Velociter .22LR give 183ft/lbs and 1435fps 40gr will try them out soon, currently got some cheap Remington .22LR subsonics

ATB ;)

buy a bigger mag for it, you will wonder where the ammo goes! have fun & let me know how you get on with the HV ammo, i want to try some but dont know what to get

Logic see you still can't let it go can you ?

All the look after it and it will look after you !! Look at your own posts about YOUR own semi jamming . And if your bolt action is jamming are you not looking after it ?

I have posted that semi autos are fun but would i have one for vermin control then the answer is no, not because of accuracy but noise of recocking after the thing jams.

Please do not get on your high horse as apart from boring me it is not needed.

All the look after it and it will look after you !! Look at your own posts about YOUR own semi jamming . And if your bolt action is jamming are you not looking after it ?

I have posted that semi autos are fun but would i have one for vermin control then the answer is no, not because of accuracy but noise of recocking after the thing jams.

Are you feeling ok?

Mags jam, bolt actions jam, cars break down, people have heart attacks...........

Says it all really.

;)

14L.jpg

ATB ;)

I wouldn't bother..expensive for a .22lr and much less accurate than subs, tend to pass right through too often as well and expand little..if you can hit anything with them...if you want a hard hitting .22lr get a WMR and leave the lr to subs!!

14L.jpg

ATB ;)

I wouldn't bother..expensive for a .22lr and much less accurate than subs, tend to pass right through too often as well and expand little..if you can hit anything with them...if you want a hard hitting .22lr get a WMR and leave the lr to subs!!

PS... and they are f*****g noisy as well, and cycled badly in my CZ bolt action, so heaven help you with a semi!!

Can't let what go? Sorry, just disagreeing with you again. I know it happens but that's mainly because 95% of what you say is bollocks.

I have had the odd jam with a semi, and I have had the odd jam with a bolt action (mainly centrefires as I don't have a bolt action rimfire). They happen, it's a fact of life.

I've not had any more jams with a bolt action than with my Ruger. I've now had 2 10/22s over the years, the cheapo one and the target model. Neither jammed. Both were good fun, and the rabbits didn't argue.

14L.jpg

ATB ;)

I was totally disappointed when I 1st tried high velocity stuff, could not get 2 to hit the same target and I tried at least 5 brands, eventually gave about 500 back to the dealer as not worth shooting.

I had a Heckler & Koch semi for my 1st .22, big mistake, too noisy, changed to a Ruger 77/22 and now on my 2nd :clapper::clapper:

I think the accuracy issue with the semis may be down to them shaving a little of the bullet off when they go into battery? I don't really know, also the bolt gun will be far easier and quicker to clean as the semis are of a blow back type and you get all sorts of powder residues inside the breech/receiver area and... well it's just messier.... with the bolt gun, just clean the bore, and wipe the bolt off and the receiver parts you can reach and it's done!

and as for the other guys... this is a forum for discussion not bitching... :tongue2: agree to disagree :thumbs:

chap at the gunshop i was talking to said that OFF THE SELF, a bolt will be far more accurate than a semi, but with tweaking the semi replaceing bits ect he says there isnt much between them in the end, just the cost.