your opinion on terriers

Just wanted to now your opinion on the mentality of pure bread terriers e.g obedience/Gamenes and loyalty ect

in experiance boarders or the obediant one but not to sure which is the game one because not had many terriers as im a lurcher man

Makes sense to me.

Just wanted to now your opinion on the mentality of pure bread terriers e.g obedience/Gamenes and loyalty ect

in experiance boarders or the obediant one but not to sure which is the game one because not had many terriers as im a lurcher man

Makes sense to me.

translate it for me then liam :whistling:

Makes sense to me.

translate it for me then liam :whistling:

Yeah come on Liam, we all want to know lol ;) .

i want to know your opinion on which terrier you think is the gamest and which is obedient, as i am thinking of getting a lakeland but not sure which one to get.

Oh I see!

From what I've seen, you get all sorts of characteristics in all breeds, but I do think Russell's tend to be a bit more obedient than Patts do (from what I've seen). A lot of it will be down to how its treated and disciplined from a pup I suppose as well as the nature of the individual dog?

As for gamest, you get some that will stay and some that don't with all breeds mate.

If you're going to buy anything make sure you know what the parents are up to and how well they do it before buying a pup out of them.

Best of luck.

Pure bread was kept by a man from Dublin called Mr Pat the Baker he was not game as he went stale at a young age.The nuns kept the boarders up in the big school they were not very obedient as i tried to get them to do things and they jacked at the mention of .it NOW OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

Guest dee mac

Pure bread was kept by a man from Dublin called Mr Pat the Baker he was not game as he went stale at a young age.The nuns kept the boarders up in the big school they were not very obedient as i tried to get them to do things and they jacked at the mention of .it NOW OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:
i want to know your opinion on which terrier you think is the gamest and which is obedient, as i am thinking of getting a lakeland but not sure which one to get.

Oh I see!

From what I've seen, you get all sorts of characteristics in all breeds, but I do think Russell's tend to be a bit more obedient than Patts do (from what I've seen). A lot of it will be down to how its treated and disciplined from a pup I suppose as well as the nature of the individual dog?

As for gamest, you get some that will stay and some that don't with all breeds mate.

If you're going to buy anything make sure you know what the parents are up to and how well they do it before buying a pup out of them.

Best of luck.

wise words my brother :notworthy::notworthy:
Guest busterdog

Its all in the socialization, you cant put your pup out side or for that matter inside and spend no time with it, if you don't teach it manners it wont have any. I keep black dogs and have no problems, if you spend the time to rear them as part of your pack -family then they will respond to it.

You don't have to keep them indoors for ever, just until they no there place in your family. ;)

Hi I'm new here, but would like to give my two cents. I spent a year buying Earthdogs and went through 6 to get one game dog that hunts reasonably well. 5 were pure Patterdales and the one that worked out is a Fell(Lakeland/Patterdale mix). My very limited experience is that Gameness is a rare commodity, but willingness and the potential for obedience is fairly common in the lines I had(good obedience takes countess hours of hard, consistent work from you to achieve). Get your dog from someone who works them hard and only buy a pup or a finished adult. Something in-between will probably be a cull unless you are lucky. By the way I loved the bit about the Yorky and the Baker LOL.