I have a 10 yr old red setter, who although she has cushing is healthy and looks well but she needs to gain a bit of weight, she is on a working dry food 23% protien and tinned food ,she wont eat raw food and is not keen on cooked tripe etc. has any one tried bionic biotic? or any other supplements that may help please

Cheers

Mrs Blackfell!!

Guest it's all my land after 12

vitamin B12 should enhance the appetite.... you can get this in liquid and tablet form from chemists. if that doesn't help up the food level (ie) if the dog normally has 3 mugs once a day

give it 2 mugs twice a day this should be easy in conjunction with the B12 .

Malted Kelp tablets from Dorwest Herbs help stimulate the appetite: kelp contains iodine: I don't know if that would interfere with any medication she is on so give Dorwest a ring and ask them for advice before trying: I know they work: had a very faddy odd eater of a rescue dog: really helped his appetite.

Cooked meat is better than no meat IMO: have you tried frying minced beef? Not many dogs can resist that!

Edited by skycat

If you can get it they call it meat greaves it comes from ireland a have been told all it is is the by product of beef it looks like pork scratchings but is dried beef the onley problem [bANNED TEXT] mixed with pedd chum mixer and a few vegis is that dogs rapidley put weight on care has to be taken [bANNED TEXT] mixing it as the protien content in the dried beef is high or so i have been told ps i feed a pint of meat to 2 pints of mixer to feed 2 springers and one lurcher atvb

Guest ROUGH COATED
I have a 10 yr old red setter, who although she has cushing is healthy and looks well but she needs to gain a bit of weight, she is on a working dry food 23% protien and tinned food ,she wont eat raw food and is not keen on cooked tripe etc. has any one tried bionic biotic? or any other supplements that may help please

Cheers

Mrs Blackfell!!

Lamb breast is the way forward for gaining wait on any dog!!!!!!!