debris on roads/fields where you walk your dogs

who picks up trash and debris from the areas they walk/run their dogs? I started doing this after finding broken bottles thankfully before the dogs did. I think I'll start carrying a bin bag in my pocket rather than carrying broken glass in my pockets! We've found the obvious from barbed wire, hubcaps, bottles and cans, but even some wierd stuff like a teacup and saucer, and a hedge trimmer?

a piece from last night

IMG0791.jpg

I doubt many people with dogs would drive around throwing trash out the window ... at least I hope not!

It's just like having bare feet and stepping on a bone or something in the house ... Kye will curse and hop around, but will leave it for ME to step on and then pick up! I finally banned all bones from the house, if the dogs aren't in kennels, they don't get them anymore!

Edited by His Wife

In a different part of Devon to me there was a bit of common land that was used as a playing field by kids and by dog walkers. However it would also get used by youngsters at weekends as a place to hang out and drink. Eventually the dog walkers who'd clear up the rubbish left behind got banned in case anyone stepping in that highly hazardous and toxic substance - dog poo.

Thankfully rubbish isn't much of a problem round here. Or I probably would pick it up. I've moved left over rolls of barbed wire though.

Guest jt750

Forever doing it on our local green ..broken bottles ..bottles waiting to be broken etc ...found a long length of wire other day ..looked similar to dog wire used on fens ...just dirty b@stards leaving crap around