8 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Seen big half x’s fly into boar and jack on a 18lb fox

My whippet/stags would grab pigs, get dragged around but quite fearlessly try to hold them. The same dogs would pretend to ignore big feral cats, scared of being scratched, lol but not scared of being gutted or smashed up by the pigs.

Edited by Aussie Whip

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been ages since I've been on here! A mate said my old thread had been revived again! So I thought i'd take a look! It's been so long in fact, that the beautiful Bullmastiff is long gone and her d

They the real deal Whip😉👍

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

My whippet/stags would grab pigs, get dragged around but quite fearlessly try to hold them. The same dogs would pretend to ignore big feral cats, scared of being scratched, lol but not scared of being gutted or smashed up by the pigs.

Dors are smart recognised Cats are wankers lol

• Haha 1

Been ages since I've been on here! A mate said my old thread had been revived again! So I thought i'd take a look!

It's been so long in fact, that the beautiful Bullmastiff is long gone and her daughter too!

I've been hunting boar once more since then. It was a trip to spain, organised on here in fact. Bullx's, terriers and a beagle cross. I took the Bullmastiffs daughter (who was crossed with a bullxgrey) Tess.

It was an amazing trip, met some great people and saw some wonderful scenery. Caught bugger all though!

• Like 5
On 30/05/2024 at 00:21, bullmastiff said:

Been ages since I've been on here! A mate said my old thread had been revived again! So I thought i'd take a look!

It's been so long in fact, that the beautiful Bullmastiff is long gone and her daughter too!

I've been hunting boar once more since then. It was a trip to spain, organised on here in fact. Bullx's, terriers and a beagle cross. I took the Bullmastiffs daughter (who was crossed with a bullxgrey) Tess.

It was an amazing trip, met some great people and saw some wonderful scenery. Caught bugger all though!

If you want to catch some pigs you should come over to Oz bullmastiff. I even get them come through my 24 acre block in the Central Tablelands NSW but the Northern Territory is still the mecca for pig hunting here. Anywhere there are pine plantations in NSW you are sure to find decent populations. Your bullmastiff cross bully/grey would have done well over here, bull terrier/stags are very popular for pigs here.

On 13/07/2006 at 02:34, Kane said:

After watching footage of feral pigs being hunted in NZ Aus and even in the UK and then watching footage of truewild boar being hunted in Europe it is quite obvious even to me that there is a world of difference.

Europe Boar has been released into the wilds of New Zealand for a number of years now, it's all kept very  quiet. Their off spring have lighter strips that change's as they grow, once they are full size they have the colour of the Europe wild boar.Don't worry about those show ponies in the hunting videos, the real men /hunters don't have time to feck about putting makeup on, making themselves all pretty😚 and filming, they are busy getting the job done, not talking themselves up with a load woffal.😄😅😅 

Aussie has a huge number of the number of pigs, many more than we have in NZ, it's the Mecca of the wild boar, some are huge thumper's.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 1
On 30/05/2024 at 02:21, bullmastiff said:

Good for you ,talking the talk and walking the talk, the real deal sir or is it miss?.

On 02/06/2024 at 17:13, toolebox said:

Europe Boar has been released into the wilds of New Zealand for a number of years now, it's all kept very  quiet. Their off spring have lighter strips that change's as they grow, once they are full size they have the colour of the Europe wild boar.Don't worry about those show ponies in the hunting videos, the real men /hunters don't have time to feck about putting makeup on, making themselves all pretty😚 and filming, they are busy getting the job done, not talking themselves up with a load woffal.😄😅😅 

Aussie has a huge number of the number of pigs, many more than we have in NZ, it's the Mecca of the wild boar, some are huge thumper's.

Do you know toolebox if any real wild boar were released in Oz at all? I've never heard of them being in NZ but you have some different imports than us like stoats, weasels I think and Chamois and other stuff like our delightful Brush Tailed possums, sorry about them, lol.

On 08/06/2024 at 20:59, Aussie Whip said:

Do you know toolebox if any real wild boar were released in Oz at all? I've never heard of them being in NZ but you have some different imports than us like stoats, weasels I think and Chamois and other stuff like our delightful Brush Tailed possums, sorry about them, lol.

Sorry, no I do not, and as far as I can find out there was some kind of underground network that managed to get hold of some off spring of wild boar from an animal park or zoo.I have seen photos of wild piglets offered for sale under that heading, showing the striped colouring, however I haven't  seen the expected increase in size and weight of any wild pigs caught in NZ. All that leads me to think that perhaps these offerings are in fact watered down cross-breeds.

I'm personally delighted we have your bush tailed possum or coon as we like to call them, they have provided many a great meal once skin for my dogs over the years, along with the income from selling either the skins or the fur, it's a win-win for me and I have killed thousands of them. I view them not as a pest but an animal that finds itself in a place it's unwanted, but turn the clock back 150 years there were no animals viewed as pests there were only animals that gave us food and clothes. The word pest is a modern day term that allows us to see them as worthless, nasty, destroying, cold-blooded killers when really they are just an animal.

We as humans are for the most part out of touch with nature, add in townies who except the governments' propaganda . This is at the very root of the problem we hunters now face. Making hunting with or without a dog a crime.WTF.........what a shit world we now live in, one that stays silent when we view pictures of fathers carrying their already dead child to some broken ass hospital in a war zone yet cry at the top of their lungs at...... a dog taking a rabbit....oh how far we have slipped......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2