bomb proof scope?

the experts recon that a spring powerd air rifle does more damage to a scope than a full bore rifle does because of the way it recoils. what scopes has he had on it and has he tried a dampa mount . but to be honest a good quality scope and a decent set of mount should take it.and if the problem still perstits maybe its worth geting a gunsmith to give it a onceover see if he can get it runing abit smoother. thats just what i think people might disagree .hope this helps hapy hunting mate.

It's vibration that kills scopes on springers.

If it seems harsh, then (as said) maybe have it looked at.

With scopes, keep it simple. I broke a couple of 'twddle-this-mess-with-that' scopes on an old RWS52 that was putting out 32.

Gave up on them and ended up with a good (Tasco, I think) 6x42. Used it for years with no problems.

Cheers.

Edited by andyfr1968

NEVER put a rifle (firearm) scope on a springer, they're not designed to take the double recoil and vibration that a springer pumps out. Ensure you get an air-rifle scope, and get a good one if you don't mind paying abit more (JSR offer really, surprisingly for china, good optics for the price) a Leapers or an OLD Tasco. They're all around the £50 mark, so affordable but decent. Also it might be an idea to get a one-piece mount, as they don't pull at the scope as much and are designed with powerful springers in mind.

I'd also suggest getting one with an AO (Ajustable Objective) so parralax doesn't become an issue. Although if you're shooting at around 35yards it won't matter as most non-AO scopes are set to 35yards in the factory. Also, keeping a scope zeroed on a break barrel is a pain for long distance shoots, as the barrel locks into a slightly different place each time you pull it back. Something to keep in mind ;)

Good luck.

Edited by tynoprime
a mate of mine has a break barrel putting out 30ftlb on fac.problem being the recoil destroys scopes,what can you recomend?
I Had the same problem with a diana 52 with ox spring(loved it,i called it the canon) in the 90's i try'd dampning scope mounts they did'nt work the only thing that worked was a rimfire scope but even that developed a damaged crosshairs,................... get a gas ram or a pre charged.F**k it :D

Tasco airgun scopes

The older the Tasco the better as they were built to last. modern ones seem to favour PCP use and are lighter and might not be so rugged.

Mine is a golden oldie from 25 years ago. Built like a brick (and as heavy) it has withstood FAC springers up to 40+ftlb.