RAW CHICKEN

Guest lurchers&terriers

Guest lurchers&terriers

Hi all, Today iv started feeding the dogs on raw chickens as i have a end less supply and i heard that raw chicken is the best food for dogs . Is chicken the best meat to feed raw? Is it ok to feed just raw chicken and nothing else? and what improvements will i see in the dogs?

You need more than just raw chicken. Try googling BARF and raw feeding?

Mine thrive on a semi raw diet - bless the butchers :D - but also need carbs and veg too.

Anyone got any spare bunnies - Galway region???

mix it up as much as you can mate, i always try and feed at least 3 different kinds of meat or subtitude fish for one of the meats, they get something different from each type, not neglecting the fruit and veg of course.

Dogs need mostly meat, some offal and some bone. Whole chicken (so still wrapped in its feathers with ins insides) delivers this. However dogs need some red meat in their diet. Rabbit, beef, lamb, pork. They don't need veg or fruit and do well without it.

http://www.rawfed.com/myths/feedraw.html

The above has a practical guide to feeding raw. Chicken is a good food to switch a dog with, after switching a dog needs more variety.

Variety is important, but raw chicken make up the bulk of what I feed my dogs.

High in Protein chicken is, and although I understand a dog needs more than just a decent % of protein to be a healthy dog, a high protein diet is essential for a working dog.

Lamb (Necks and Ribs), Beef (mince and heart), Rabbit, Venison, Liver, as well as the Chicken.

Not to mention how the dogs love it compared to dry food as well. Cod liver oil everyday mixed in with the food does them well (2.5 ml).