Which 22 for rabbits?

sgc. id be very suprised if you have any problems acquiring an sgc if you already have an FAC, however if youve never used a shotgun you may need to do some convincing.

if i were you id get a telescopic sight on your .17hmr and get a 20 bore for shorter range rabbit shooting. good combo

sgc. id be very suprised if you have any problems acquiring an sgc if you already have an FAC, however if youve never used a shotgun you may need to do some convincing.

if i were you id get a telescopic sight on your .17hmr and get a 20 bore for shorter range rabbit shooting. good combo

As above if you have a firearms certificate a shotgun licence shouldn't be a problem, as you have permission to shoot on land at this time, that will help. However you may need to speak with farmer/gamekeeper, only out of courtesy to see if he or she has any restrictions on noise from using a shotgun. ie houses nearby or pheasant pens close.

I would recommend you get down to a shooting clay pigeon ground to get the practice of using this weapon. I would recommend a semi automatic 20 bore, you get the best of both worlds. It will be cheaper to feed when shooting moving rabbits than trying to do the same job with a rifle. Good luck......

one last thing, have a really good look around before parting with cash. If in doubt come away and ask someone else and if it looks too good to be true, then it probably is..........

Im not entirley sure but if you did want a shotgun i think yo can get a FAC rated shotgun, like a 5 shot one, but im not sure if you need a SGC as well. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

But i shouldnt think you'd have any problem getting a SCG if you already have rifles. also im not sure if your aware but they do a joint shotgun/rifle licence sort of thing which may be of use to your self (it works out cheaper than both together).

Im not entirley sure but if you did want a shotgun i think yo can get a FAC rated shotgun, like a 5 shot one, but im not sure if you need a SGC as well. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

But i shouldnt think you'd have any problem getting a SCG if you already have rifles. also im not sure if your aware but they do a joint shotgun/rifle licence sort of thing which may be of use to your self (it works out cheaper than both together).

Thanks All,

Sterry, thanks for the info, still not too sure, i have two permissions, both small, 1 acre, 10 acres with occasional horses. so i may have a problem with a shotgun, ther again, if i apply, they can only say no, or maybe yes?

thanks again all, this forum has been my best source of information, moreso than the gun dealers around here!

Paul

Yes you can get a FAC rated shotgun. but you still have to prove you need one. You are stillplaced under the same restrictions as with a firearm.. ie if you do not have an open licence, every bit of land has to be approved. Also if you prove you need one for pigeon..you cant use it for rabbit unless it is listed on your ticket. IMHO you wont get one.....

Just get an SGC. If you have FAC, they basically can't not give you an SGC.

Matt

Yes you can get a FAC rated shotgun. but you still have to prove you need one. You are stillplaced under the same restrictions as with a firearm.. ie if you do not have an open licence, every bit of land has to be approved. Also if you prove you need one for pigeon..you cant use it for rabbit unless it is listed on your ticket. IMHO you wont get one.....

Matt

Hi Matt,

stupid question, how do i know if i have an open licence? i have looked at my licence, it does not say anywhere on it that i have to shoot here or there?

Matt

Hi Matt,

stupid question, how do i know if i have an open licence? i have looked at my licence, it does not say anywhere on it that i have to shoot here or there?

Cancel that!

just found it, i have an open certificate, Whoopie!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Cancel that!

just found it, i have an open certificate, Whoopie!

Are you sure

It may be conditional to each gun held on the FAC as well, just because you get open on one gun, does not mean you will get open on each gun.

The wording of a closed ticket may read...something along the lines of "deemed suitable by the chief of police???" or alike..

Check again. if you not been shooting for long, it will be closed...

Matt

It may be conditional to each gun held on the FAC as well, just because you get open on one gun, does not mean you will get open on each gun.

The wording of a closed ticket may read...something along the lines of "deemed suitable by the chief of police???" or alike..

Check again. if you not been shooting for long, it will be closed...

Matt

Hi called BASC, and read it out to him,

'the firearms and ammuntition to which this certificate relates shall be used for pest control and for zeroing on ranges or land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class of firearm from the persons by whom the shooting rights are owned or from whom they may be leased or otherwise obtained'.

he tells me, basic 'open ticket'.

i relaise i may not get the same rights if i go for a SGC, but we'll see.