pure greyhounds

Guest ferret feller

Guest fence_hopper
a pal off mine runs one on foxes and its savage!

it just has no fear!

same here mate a mate of mine has a black bitch hard as nails one of the best bitches i've seen fearless. pure greys are very underated in my eyes. and all this myth about toe's getting knocked up i bet as many lurcher get them knocked as greys do it' part of workiing lif injuries are common thats life.. just coz you aint seen a good one don't meen there arn't any

Edited by fence_hopper

ive got1.had her 5years naw.she was a xracer..took her out after about a week.when she got use 2me.took her on the lamp.it was funny she mist a rabbit and just ran round the field about 3times [bANNED TEXT] she ran out of breath.. naw shes fine comes strait back when she missies.and taken a fer few foxes.bre ban :whistling: .only bad thing she doesent jump...bread from her twise.wheaton...and a half cross bull..pups doing well ...

The Greyhound is a hell of a dog, but unless you.ve got big open fields, you will sh*t yerself every time it runs.

Mate of mine had one years ago, he was road walking it to get it fit, he let the lead go slack, as they walked past a horse with its head through the wire picking at the grass on the side of the lane, the dog lunged over and latched onto the horses nose, the horse reared up, dragging the dog through the wie and ripping it to bits. The dog did not let go.

JMO but 99% of greyhounds would take fox singlehanded,ive a bitch here im thinking of breeding she won her last race for me then the morning after she was injured she is as keen as they come shes had a few cats in her time all by accident but there usually killed in about 2seconds,as for them getting knocked up it aint true i let my greyhounds of in the fields atleast a coulple of times a week and theyve never been knocked upand they run about

JMO but 99% of greyhounds would take fox singlehanded,ive a bitch here im thinking of breeding she won her last race for me then the morning after she was injured she is as keen as they come shes had a few cats in her time all by accident but there usually killed in about 2seconds,as for them getting knocked up it aint true i let my greyhounds of in the fields atleast a coulple of times a week and theyve never been knocked upand they run about

i totaly disagree here mate,

imo i dont think 99% of greyhounds will take fox single handed.

and you have hit the nail on the head "open fields" its not the open fields they get injured its fences, gates, hedges etc

that gives em problems.

cheers

"billy"

i have two Grey's and two lurcher's the dog Grey is so quick it takes your breath away, but thats his problem he is like train once he is at full tilt he is like a train to stop and has crashed in to tress sooooooooo many times the brakes are not good enough. the bitch is quick to but as someone else said always in the barb wire she pealed her face like a banana when she hit it right between the eyes and then pulled back i know all dogs pick up injuries but it seems to me in the six years of owning these for i have been to the vet with one of my lurcher's once the other never and the Greys at least a couple of times a year.

i totaly disagree here mate,

imo i dont think 99% of greyhounds will take fox single handed.

and you have hit the nail on the head "open fields" its not the open fields they get injured its fences, gates, hedges etc

that gives em problems.

cheers

"billy"

Never mentioned open fields mate,just said fields,i only said about the toe problem that its not true that they get knocked up easily because they dont,the speed they go if they hit a fence they bounter get injured especially a ex racer theyll be just use to running flat out and not used to pacing there selfs like a lurcher does,imo 99% will take fox single there 1 of the keenest dogs out jmo

Mine is keen but you have to be a bit careful with him, we only use him on open land we know well. the retrieve can be a bit patchy as well....but seein him run up the lamp the speed is awesome, he is like a f****g rocket. i don't think the feet thing is any worse than most fast lurchers. their main trouble is that their coat is so thin and so is there skin, barb wire shreds them instantly, even thorn and brambles can cut them up quite badly. You can work a greyhound like a lurcher, they love it (and are good at it), but you have to be that much more careful, and you do need open land coz a grey is significantly faster than most crosses, they get knackered quickly as well ! as for foxes, a grey will have a go at just about anything which is moving, and a fox would be no problem for them if anything they are a bit too game sometimes .