Brown Magpies?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

herd of them never seen one here is a link to a picture of one described as nearly white

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84009412@N00/165875432/

That looks like a shrike to me ........

i wouldnt know

what about this then

https://www.pond5.com/stock-footage/300030/...n-magpie-1.html

edit to add this copied from a bird site

One of the most attractive qualities of birds is their bright and varied coloration. I doubt that there would be as many birdwatchers if birds were all drab "little brown jobs." The colorful appearance of birds is achieved by a variety of pigments being deposited in the skin and growing feathers.

The two commonest types of pigments are the melanins and carotenoids. The melanins include eumelanin which is responsible for the darker black and gray colors, while phaeomelanin is responsible for some of the lighter browns and tans and erythromelanin the richer chestnut-red colors. Melanins are synthesized by the birds and deposited as granules in the skin and feathers.

The carotenoid pigments include carotenes (red-orange), xanthophylls (yellow and orange), and carotenoids acids (reds). They are softer, non-granular, compounds which give birds their many shades of pink, red, orange and yellow. They produce some of the most intense colors such as those found in Scarlet Ibises and tropical tanagers and also the faint rosy blushes of the breeding season Elegant Terns and Ross's Gulls. These pigments for the most part cannot be synthesized by birds and must be obtained from plant or animal material in their diet and then deposited, often chemically unaltered, in feathers and soft parts.

Edited by ferret15
The carotenoid pigments include carotenes (red-orange), xanthophylls (yellow and orange), and carotenoids acids (reds). They are softer, non-granular, compounds which give birds their many shades of pink, red, orange and yellow. They produce some of the most intense colors such as those found in Scarlet Ibises and tropical tanagers and also the faint rosy blushes of the breeding season Elegant Terns and Ross's Gulls. These pigments for the most part cannot be synthesized by birds and must be obtained from plant or animal material in their diet and then deposited, often chemically unaltered, in feathers and soft parts.

:yes: Ever seen a Red Factor Canary? ;)

:yes: Ever seen a Red Factor Canary? ;)

i have and a PINK Flamingo :tongue2:

here is a crow i did recently which was brown/white grizzled.

i am impressed that looks good BBB can you do bunnies? if so what charges would be involved, really which i had my first bunnie done.

regards

davy

Anyone ever seen them? Theres loads near me, someone told its because there young, and will turn black as the grow older - i don't believe that, there the same size as normal?

anyone?

Me seen the brown magpie man here it is now..............post-31568-1240000850.jpg :D

yeah man i do rabbits. price £130. why because they are a bitch to do . they are very thin skinned. plus the ears need inverting , which takes great patience and time. i attach this squirrel which i did a while ago . better lookin than a rabbit eh ;) ..

post-21310-1240001107.jpg

Looking good BBB. My grandad has all sorts of animals in a cabinet in his office. Not sure if he has a rabbit I will have to take a look, would be interesting to know if any of them were his firsts.

ATB

Freddy

thank's guy's. yeah i'v done a lot of peoples first's, grouse,pheasant,woodcock ect. i prefer doing birds as there is more money it :D heres what i get up to all day :o:D;) sorry for hijackin your brown maggie thread by the way mate. if you get any of the feckers gimme a shout. ;)

post-21310-1240002099.jpg

post-21310-1240002148_thumb.jpg

post-21310-1240002191_thumb.jpg

yeah man i do rabbits. price £130. why because they are a bitch to do . they are very thin skinned. plus the ears need inverting , which takes great patience and time. i attach this squirrel which i did a while ago . better lookin than a rabbit eh ;) ..

got a couple of jet black rabbits in the freezer iwas thinking about getting them done,been in there a while now,probably end up as ferret food............