RUNNING DOGS & HOUND

Guest buster
HI MY LURCHER DOG PUP HE IS A 3/4GREYHOUND ONE 1/4COLLIE WHEN HE IS OFF THE LEAD HE WANT COME BACK TO ME COULD YOU HALP ME :(

First thing i would do is i would go in some tight area like a entry corner one side off let him off and bring him back with some biscuits (fav biscuits) If that works go out and buy a expendable lead and try again on the field but dont let him off...do this for a few weeks untill you think you might of cracked it...but when you let him off let him no you have got some biscuits dont let him off in a big field do it in a tight area so you can catch him again...then everytime he does right give him plenty of fuss and some biscuits...if he done wrong dont smack him it will make it worse just ignore him completly and walk away with your back to him let me know how you get on :good::good::good:

as buster says you have to be the best most attractive thing in the world to the dog!!! make him want to come back

If you went to work every day and never got paid would you keep going back???

why should he come back...its more fun to run off and play!!!

if when your in the later stages like buster described and he won't come back try running away waving your arms in the air and calling in a silly high pitched voice any running dog will love this as it hits their chase buttons

with my pup, i dont let him off in a wide area, this way he cant see away of running off,

ive only let my pup off a few time's, but calling him, in a really proud way, so he thinks he is doing right

seems to work for me.

otherwise i agree i would buy one of those expendable lead, its better to be safe then sorry.

I taught both mine to heel from small pups when there usually too scared to run off.

Also they seem to want to return more if you squat down when you call them then give them some fuss.

I'd hate anybody to catch me using a flexi lead, i see a guy when i'm driving to work in the morning with three large dogs each on one, looks a proper wanker :blink: