ferts

one clove of garlic crushed into either a mashed up sausage, bits of bacon or a small bit of dog food mix it in and the ferrets dont even know the garlic is there one every month or two depending on how bad they get the fleas cant help you on the frontline doseage as i dont use it the garlic works a treat for me

cool but they are proper infested with fleas so i will get the frontline on them too cos i really need to handle them loads as i just got them

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try this garlic trick & with any luck it will prevent them getting fleas etc , out of interest again is there any one who thinks its possibly prevents internal parasites as well

I am going to try this garlic trick & with any luck it will prevent them getting fleas etc , out of interest again is there any one who thinks its possibly prevents internal parasites as well

I read just the other day that it does.

If there's anything I have an irrational fear about, it's intestinal parasites. Yuck. After reading about garlic I ate a raw clove, quite the experience. :whistling:

I read just the other day that it does.

If there's anything I have an irrational fear about, it's intestinal parasites. Yuck. After reading about garlic I ate a raw clove, quite the experience. :whistling:

I also think as rabbits eat wild garlic that helps them regarding parasites , i once heard that you can sometimes smell the garlic on the meat when you skin etc for using to eat , but i suppose it all depneds if there wild garlic about for them to munch on :laugh:

Anyone who can eat raw garlic deserves a medal , its horrible :laugh:

i get frontline spot on for ferrets from the local pets at home. one spot on the back of the neck kills all fleas ticks and worms. cant remember how much it was but it was only a couple of quid for 3 sachets. hope it helps you. atb.

i get frontline spot on for ferrets from the local pets at home. one spot on the back of the neck kills all fleas ticks and worms. cant remember how much it was but it was only a couple of quid for 3 sachets. hope it helps you. atb.

ok i went to the vets today and asked for some frontline spray, i got sent away with a spot on for ferrets, rabbits and other small pets, called Genitrix Xeno 450 with an active ingredient of ivermectin

this seemed ok and im sure it will do the job (i will let you know tomorrow when the fleas have had a chance to die)

anyway the main thing was the price i was given 2 spot on pippettes of the stuff enough for my two ferrets. and a bill of £9.32 which struck me as pricey if you can repeatedly treat with frontline spray so what do i do next time?

im definately trying that garlic trick though

Am I the only person who's never had fleas on their ferrets?

NO your not, Question: Why when ferrets are found wandering I've heard say from rescue centres that they are covered in fleas? I've yet to see a wild stoat or weasel with a flea on them

Y.I.S Leeview

the only ferret i ever had with fleas i got from a numpty c;eaned up with benzo no more coodys i think the reason ferrets get fleas so bad their in a confined area so unless thats cleared of fleas and eggs they will never get rid

haven't noticed fleas on mine but loadsa ticks! i had the 2 hobs off someone who couldn't look after them and they are really badly covered round the neck area. I received my frontline from ebay america today (took about a week to come) so i held the ferrets got my daughter to spray my hand with gloves on and rub it in so fingers crossed

the only ferret i ever had with fleas i got from a numpty c;eaned up with benzo no more coodys i think the reason ferrets get fleas so bad their in a confined area so unless thats cleared of fleas and eggs they will never get rid

haven't noticed fleas on mine but loadsa ticks! i had the 2 hobs off someone who couldn't look after them and they are really badly covered round the neck area. I received my frontline from ebay america today (took about a week to come) so i held the ferrets got my daughter to spray my hand with gloves on and rub it in so fingers crossed

Give it a day or two & they will start to drop off :thumbs:

Give it a day or two & they will start to drop off :thumbs:

as for the confined space thing i scraped out the old hutch and scorched it with a propane torch (remove ferrets first :icon_eek: ) so that should have got them and i burnt the bedding jumpers the ferts were sleeping on before i treated them, then left them on fresh newspaper for the night and have now given em fresh jumpers. will try the garlicthing soon mixedin with soome of my cats felix wet food so one clove per fert?