Lightforce or Cluson

Guest lurchers&terriers

Id say the cluson is perfect for rabbits or being where your not supposed to be but for bigger things you need the brighter light force lamps. I used to have troble even seeing a fox (pre ban) once it turns with a clulite. So id suppose it depends what you want it for. plus the build quality of the cluson is 1000 times better.

IMHO lamps hav'nt advanced at all, in fact they've got worse, i still use my old 250,000cp niteowl, and find it more than adequate, unless your on 100 acres of arable, and want 500 yard slips. Handier shape for getting over fences etc as well.

IMHO lamps hav'nt advanced at all, in fact they've got worse, i still use my old 250,000cp niteowl, and find it more than adequate, unless your on 100 acres of arable, and want 500 yard slips. Handier shape for getting over fences etc as well.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: i used to use a car spot lamp on a home made handle,lead acid battery...i can remember first seeing a cluson and thinking how good the beam was..the amount of camo jackets i got through from acid burns i could of bought a cluson set up after a season. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

.the amount of camo jackets i got through from acid burns i could of bought a cluson set up after a season. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

:laugh:

I went through a fair few jackets years ago, out with my old man & his lead acid battery! :laugh:

ive just brought a cluson as i had a lightforce and all the connections kept breaking and the switch broke then the last straw came when it cooked the fuse for no reason and the plastic bit on the plug melted and burnt my hand it was a nightmare it also used to kane batteries that would last hours on my mates clulight and blew fuses like they were nothing.

also lightforce didnt seem to happy to help or replace the lamp even though it had warranty.

:clapper::clapper::clapper: i used to use a car spot lamp on a home made handle,lead acid battery...i can remember first seeing a cluson and thinking how good the beam was..the amount of camo jackets i got through from acid burns i could of bought a cluson set up after a season. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

now now woz you still wear them old cammo jackets you look like compo walking the fields and the smell :icon_redface: only kidding mate

now now woz you still wear them old cammo jackets you look like compo walking the fields and the smell :icon_redface: only kidding mate

lol earthy...i recon there many a true word said i jest :icon_eek::clapper::victory:

Guest oldskool

had the lazerlite for ten years... always got by a treat with it especially when i put in a 100watt bulb and ordered the metal reflector and made it into a blaserlite... my nose got the better of me and i then bought the lightforce 170 and first time i tried it i thought feck me this thing can shine... unfortunately the buckstard let me down so many times i just dont trust it... although its re-wired now i only take it out in the vehicle.. if i leave the house on foot i take the blaserlite... plus the blaserlite has a 1st class hinged filter system and you can suck on the back of it to make a fair enough fox call

Ive got a "cluelite" and its very reliable,mate used it for years before i got it off him and its never gone wrong,my lads got a lightforce 140,he's put a stronger bulb in it and its a good beam,up to now no problems with wiring,but i agree the lightforce isnt as well made as the clue.

Ive got a cheap no manafacturers name job thats good for getting young dogs going on rabbits because its got a fairly wide beam,think i paid about a tenner for it,

at the end of the day all these are far superior to the car headlamp/motorbike set ups we had years ago.

.the amount of camo jackets i got through from acid burns i could of bought a cluson set up after a season. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

I went through a fair few jackets years ago, out with my old man & his lead acid battery! :laugh:

LOL dont slag them old lead batteries i would be in a wheel chair now if it wasnot for one of them LOL now about it atb

LOL dont slag them old lead batteries i would be in a wheel chair now if it wasnot for one of them LOL now about it atb

go on tell em why. poacher. ..... or maybe you should give that one to a brand new thread it deserves one.

vin

go on tell em why. poacher. ..... or maybe you should give that one to a brand new thread it deserves one.

vin

then cat would be out of the bag halfe of them woud'nt believe it anyway ps seen a face from the past other day stopped and ad achat jimmy fal--- lives up our end ATVB

then cat would be out of the bag halfe of them woud'nt believe it anyway ps seen a face from the past other day stopped and ad achat jimmy fal--- lives up our end ATVB

eyup... remember him well..tell him i said hello... does he still do a bit ?

vin

Edited by vin