our latest ferret box with draw

Titchy I know we are in the same bussiness, but theres work out there for all of us, the draws a good idea, dont know if you have seen my thread on new design for ferret boxes, I have just done some thing similar with our new boxes but with a hiden catch so you dont have a bolt on the outside, its good to see some one else trying to look forward instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and doing the same as every one else

The box looks really good. Again its the bolt.... It looks like it is a bit proud of the front of the box and could dig into the side of legs or the sides of vehicles causing damage. something like a little swing hook and a small screwed eyelet is quite discreet and its not as though it will need to take a heavy load.

I couldn't see from looking at the picture if the drawer will slide open when the box is level on flat ground or whether you need to tilt back to get contents out. which could be a pain if like me you invariably ferret alone and are usually holding one or two squirming weasels and trying to get stuff from bags or boxes. This is not directed as a criticism but just as what i could see as causing a few nuisances when fingers are cold. Like was previously mentioned about putting the shelf on the top. You could have individual storage shelves on top of lids for each side, which open independently with each lid. This will act also as a little bit of weight on the top of the door when weighed down with locater's and stuff will prevent ferrets from immediately opening the lid to get out before you can bolt down the lid.

The problem i could see with putting bolt on the other way round is unless you lock it across every time the slide will drop down and foul the sliding shut of the drawer. :good::rolleyes:

:clapper: thanks for all the replys all taken on board i will be making a few tomorrow with differant style locks etc i will post some pics, im also thinking of differant designs, maybe me and john hubbery could put our heads together and come up with something between us, as i only make them on a small scale prehaps john has the resorces to do bigger quantities,

thanks again

anthony