VETERAN LURCHERS

Guest jeff.s

Guest jeff.s

I,VE BEEN PUZZLED WERE ALL THE DOGS GO WHEN THEY REACH 7YEARS. AT ALL THE DOG SHOWS I,VE BEEN TO THERES ALWAY ONLY 2 TO 5 VETERANS ENTED IF ANY, IN OTHER CLASSES YOU HAVE ANYHTING UP TO 10 OR 15 ENTRYS SO WHEN YOU ADD ALL CLASSES TOGETHER YOU HAVE AROUND 50 TO A 100 DOGS SO ALL THEM DOGS MUST GET OLD AT ONE TIME. SO WHY ARE THERE ONLY A FEW IN THE VETERANS. JEFF. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

my oldie is down at me mums retiered, she never liked shows anyway. i also dont think a dog should qualifi for vetran till 10 years old not this 6-7 nonsence

Guest jeff.s
7 aint old its just more experienced. Might not run round daft like a pup but can still do the biz :yes:

I,VE HAD DOGS THAT WERE STILL RABBITING AT 12YEARS AND EVEN 14YEARS YOU TRY STOPPING THEM. HERES ONE OF THEM DIED 2 MONTHS AGO AGED 14. LETS SEE ALL YOUR OLD ONES.

Picture060.jpg

Guest grubygrafter

there is always a larg number in the pups. and a few in the vets. . a lot of dogs dont make the grade. some are injured or killed in the line of duty :cry: i always like to check out the vet classes. thats the beat place to see the ones that have done it. :good: good place to look for a stud dog .imo

Guest midnight_runner

i have a ten year old lurcher still gets plenty of rabbits and the odd hare foxs not a problem if i left him in the house he would moan like feck till i got back whitch would stress him out he even lands my fish for me great companion :yes::yes: