Tikka T3 Lite

Latest trail of events in the saga of getting some balance to the T3 Lite.

**** me, this is a nightmare and cost me a fortune...anyway just had the barrel chopped (after changing scopes, mounts, moderators several times) and the balance is now the best it has been BUT..it is still the worst of all my centrefires, balance point is too far forward (all my guns have moderators).

Last resort, I spoke to GMK about this at the Game Fair a couple of years ago and they said everyone sprays brown foam into the butt and drops in a bit of lead!!!

Before I launch into this, any other suggestions as to how to add some weight as far back as possible into the butt which is hollow but a sort of honeycomb effect internally!!

**** me, this is a nightmare and cost me a fortune...anyway just had the barrel chopped (after changing scopes, mounts, moderators several times) and the balance is now the best it has been BUT..it is still the worst of all my centrefires, balance point is too far forward (all my guns have moderators).

Last resort, I spoke to GMK about this at the Game Fair a couple of years ago and they said everyone sprays brown foam into the butt and drops in a bit of lead!!!

Before I launch into this, any other suggestions as to how to add some weight as far back as possible into the butt which is hollow but a sort of honeycomb effect internally!!

Deker,

Could you add a cheek-piece like on the Varmint models and weight the cheek-piece.

post-17194-1238002783.gif

Deker,

Could you add a cheek-piece like on the Varmint models and weight the cheek-piece.

Yes Cheers...I thought about that, the adjustable or the ordinary "stick on versions" that Tikka do, but talking to GMK about these as aftermarket parts is like talking to someone on another planet!! :hmm::whistling::thumbs:

Edited by Deker

Deker,

Yes Cheers...I thought about that, the adjustable or the ordinary "stick on versions" that Tikka do, but talking to GMK about these as aftermarket parts is like talking to someone on another planet!! :hmm::whistling::thumbs:

What about one of these

post-17194-1238003541_thumb.jpg

There are three different models

Edited by provarmint

Deker,

What about one of these

That looks a possibility..don't know these, can you tell me more/give me some contact details...Cheers

Deker,

What about one of these

That looks a possibility..don't know these, can you tell me more/give me some contact details...Cheers

http://www.imageseek.com/karsten/gallery/forsale

ATB,

PV.