Bull/Grey X Wheaton/Grey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What height is your pup at the minute mate?? and what do you think it will level out at??    

Well how wierd that this thread has been bought back to the front again...!!!   The truth is, I Gave up on my pup when he was around 18 month old...... And i have to say now..."I WAS WRONG" I re

Posted Images

Well they`re 12 months old today.... :clapping:

And from what a few of the lads are telling me the few nights lamping that some of the pups have had

they`ve done really well so far and they are looking forward to the coming season when they can push them a bit harder... :clapper::good:

My own pup though has only had one nights lamping, he did ok chased the rabbits soon learnt to look when the light came on, and he returned as fast as he went out... :o:good: but he hasn`t quite got the nack of picking the rabbit up lol.lol.lol.

gonna start ferreting with him soon hopefully the penny will drop when a few hit the nets...

080809-2.jpg

Yis Mars...

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...60400&st=60

good stuff mars, that a pic of the pup? looks quite saluki like the look of it atb mate

"I KNOW HE DOES :angry::cry: LOL.... :laugh: But thankfully he has more brains i think {not having a go at saluki type} his obedience is good and his prey drive is getting their, but still very puppyish as i`me told one or two of them still are, i.m.o. this comes from the bull side, as the dam was and still can be very playfull...

Bedlingtonman, cant get up for a while busy with stuff and going to the welsh game fair this weekend..

bout time ya found that shovel....lol....

Yis Mars...

OMG I have just txt MARS to tell him my white legged bitch pup(sandy) has just caught a fox(shot at first ;) I was just out for a mooch when it happened, i wasnt planning on entering the pups for a good few months yet but this was taken out of my hands this morning, but she done well and i'm glad that i had my pointer on hand to help out. I'm gonna wrap her in cotton wool for a while she's getting too keen for her own good !

OMG I have just txt MARS to tell him my white legged bitch pup(sandy) has just caught a fox(shot at first ;) I was just out for a mooch when it happened, i wasnt planning on entering the pups for a good few months yet but this was taken out of my hands this morning, but she done well and i'm glad that i had my pointer on hand to help out. I'm gonna wrap her in cotton wool for a while she's getting too keen for her own good !

Thanks for keeping in touch mate, :clapper: It`s always great to hear about the pups especially when their coming on well. :clapper:

Always helps when their`s a decent dog man bringing them on.... No looking back now mate eh.... :yahoo:

last2bitch009.jpg

8 Weeks old above....

1 Year old Below..

DSC00049.jpg

Here`s hoping for a good season for all the pups. :yes: Mars..

• 1 month later...

Nice pups Paul,,turned out well,,,imo though that line needs greyhound back to it mate,,as the wheaton and the bull both terrier blood have gelled together well,,maybe a bit to well to for a allround lurcher,,,crackers all the same mate.

Edited by merle24
Nice pups Mars,turned out well,,,imo though that line needs greyhound back to it mate,,as the wheaton and the bull both terrier blood have gelled together well,,maybe a bit to well to for a all-round lurcher,,,crackers all the same mate.

I`me afraid we`ll have to agree to disagree on that one one merle24, my own pup has plenty of speed, and from getting hands on with the Other rough coated pups they are built to run too,

which is i assume what you mean you mean when you say line back to the greyhound,

If you mean for size, then i don't think that's necessary as most of the pups are doing ok for what they were bred for,

and even then if it`s size your on about i`de probably line back to a bigger wheaton/grey or bull grey

If anything i`de say that these pups with a few seasons under their belt would be ideal to line back to a heavier bull X

to add some speed but still keep some terrier blood in their.

As for making all rounders, well that would depend on "Your Definition" of an all-rounder, and that's a whole separate debate in it`s self,

But i can say that what i define as an all-rounder, from what other owners are telling me these pups are doing "Very Well" :D

Happy :D Mars.

Edited by Mars
Nice pups Mars,turned out well,,,imo though that line needs greyhound back to it mate,,as the wheaton and the bull both terrier blood have gelled together well,,maybe a bit to well to for a all-round lurcher,,,crackers all the same mate.

I`me afraid we`ll have to agree to disagree on that one one merle24, my own pup has plenty of speed, and from getting hands on with the Other rough coated pups they are built to run too,

which is i assume what you mean you mean when you say line back to the greyhound,

If you mean for size, then i don't think that's necessary as most of the pups are doing ok for what they were bred for,

and even then if it`s size your on about i`de probably line back to a bigger wheaton/grey or bull grey

If anything i`de say that these pups with a few seasons under their belt would be ideal to line back to a heavier bull X

As for making all rounders, well that would depend on "Your Definition" of an all-rounder, and that's a whole separate debate in it`s self,

But i can say that what i define as an all-rounder, from what other owners are telling me these pups are doing "Very Well" :D

They all look crackers mate,,i think youre more into on side of things than the other,,if you get what i mean lol,, Blimmy if you put another bullgrey to that line mate you will be getting terriers with longer than normal legs lol,, just messing all the best,, p,s seen much of wayne these days ?

• 3 weeks later...

Here ya go mate, get ya self on Photbucket and it will resize the pics for you, or do what i suggested in the email i sent you,

This is the smallest bitch from the litter, though from what i hear of her she punches well above her weight, :D

2480810.jpg

Jesssmalltanbitch.jpg

Yis Mars

got to agrre with mars, the one i see regurlarly is racey enough with just a hint of coat, a pure cracker. Adding grey will just make them look like greys.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...958&hl=Mars

Some of you may remember around 7 months ago i had a litter of pups Bull/Grey X Wheaton/Grey

And although I did`nt get the rough coated pup i was hoping for i`me happy enough with him so far, well as happy as you can be with a 7+1/2 month old pup his obedience is Ok, as is his retriveing, he`s wittnessed his dam doing a bit and his chase instinct is all their, All ready for a start round about October i reckon,

I know some would start their pups earlier, as i expect some of this pups litter brother & sisters will & have,

but with this partiular pup i reckon 12 or thirteen months will be just about right.

His Dam did`nt catch her 1st rabbit until 12 month old but soon got the hang of all sorts of work after that.

Fingers crossed he`ll be as good as hid Dam, i picked the pup that Looked most like her, so lets hope he works as well. :)

My Pup.

2480815.jpg

10309shugborough003.jpg

Black n tan pup

248089.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Thanks to everyone who bought a pup for keeping in touch, and i`ll look forward to all the invites to whatch them work this winter..

Yis Mars.

black and tan beautiful looking dog....well done fella :clapper:

• 1 year later...

Well how wierd that this thread has been bought back to the front again...!!! :)

The truth is, I Gave up on my pup when he was around 18 month old...... :doh:

And i have to say now..."I WAS WRONG"

I rehomed him to a relative of a lad who has one of the other pups, and i rehomed him as a rabbit lamping dog as i did`nt believe that he had it in him for anything else,

A shame really as he was a good dog in all other ways, good coat,feet, decent speed good turn, and was very easy to train....

However His new owner texed me the other day to let me know "HOW WELL" :yes: he is now doing,

So i think i should have been more patient, :yes:

Just goes to show that in this game their are always lessons to be learned

:cry: Mars....

• Like 1