At last

Great picks mate but I'm afraid I could not run my lurcher on ground like that. All the best of luck and I hope it stays with you P1 :icon_eek:

I wouldnt want to run someone elses lurchers on that land, but its different when its your own. Our dogs were brought up running on that type of land from day one, so they've never known any different :)

I know nothing about coursing so this may be a naive question but what happens if a rabbit makes it through the stock netting, do the dogs respond and stop ( i doubt that very much when they are at that level of pray drive ), jump, or is it just a risk that is taken. This is not a critisisum, i just find it interesting.

this run had my husband cringing - she looked like she was heading for the tree, and its only looking at the photos afterwards we saw what actually happened

_DSC3581-60.jpg

_DSC3582-61.jpg

Good gawd! :icon_eek: That made me gasp! Nuala is one of my favorites, great to see them both out and doing so well. Excellent photos, as always :D

I know nothing about coursing so this may be a naive question but what happens if a rabbit makes it through the stock netting, do the dogs respond and stop ( i doubt that very much when they are at that level of pray drive ), jump, or is it just a risk that is taken. This is not a critisisum, i just find it interesting.

Not sure what you mean about stock netting adam? :unsure: fences they jump, pheasant pens they find a way under or they go round, but no they dont just stop :)

Sorry, stock netting is the square section wire fencing on the wooden fence posts in the back of some of your shots, I was not sure if the dogs saw it or could focus clearly enough to jump when moving at those speeds and being in that level of drive.

Adam