what to line my bitch with ?

If it's just for ferreting and lamping bunnnies then a whippet or whippet greyhound should throw a nice level litter that will still have a 1/4 collie from your bitch to add a little brains to the speed.

good luck s

Edited by sandymere
If it's just for ferreting and lamping bunnnies then a whippet or whippet greyhound should throw a nice level litter that will still have a 1/4 collie from your bitch to add a little brains to the speed.

good luck s

i want a bit of gameness in the pups aswell as brains, i was thinking a collie/bull/grey a racey type.
I was thinking of lining my bitch next time she comes in season, shes a collie/grey x whip/grey here she is, any suggestions would be appreciated and reasons why the dog would be suitable, pics of the dog you suggest would be nice.

atb J.A

hi mate dont want to put a downer on your post or you but what you should be asking your self is why do you need to line her ?

how old is your bitch ? she dont look that old to me if i was you i would wait until she has had a few hunting sessions then maybe think about it. no point rushing into it . takes alot of time and hard work to bring a pup on and well you doing that its time your not spending with your bitch , or you spend your tme with your bitch well the pup gets pushed aside . wait until your bitch is about 5 or 6 years old,

also if i was going to mate her when your ready i would go to the best first cross bedligton greyhound i could find as your bitch has alot of running dog in hervand i dont like to much collie in a dog anyway with mating to a beddi greyhound first x you could expect to get a good coat , big heart and also keeping the size down and still keeping alot of the running dog in the pups .

i personaly think that alot of people go wrong when mating lurchers as they mate lurcher to lurcher and dont think about what there going to get , i.e deerhound x grey collie greyhound good bitch and they mate it to a whippet x beddie suluki greyhound good dog and think they will get good dogs but which way will the pups throw because to me there is to much in them . not many lurcher to lurcher matings get pups that are world beaters or that do an outstanding job. when i mean lurcher i mean when the lurchers a heinz beans breed dog not first crosses or three quarter breed dogs .

as most lurchers to be fair are heinz bean breed.

im not a fan of bull xs but be fair they are the most prolific out of the breed because the dog men that have them mate them mainly back to a bull x thats why we get the half x . 5/8 3/8x. 3/4 x and to be honest they do there job

you dont see the 5/8 3/8 in any other breed cos people breed away from the strain they have already got. always breed to a half x or back to pure running dog if your bitch is heinz beans breed. more chance of getting a pup that will make the grade.

hope this helps and dont mean to offend any 1 but thats the way think about breeding :thumbs:

:te name=\\\'fendog\\\' date=\\\'Mar 23 2009, 06:06 PM\\\' post=\\\'972270\\\']

didnt scout jack,and doesnt he come from a line of jackers and people use him :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

charlie seagull x charlie foxy all jacked great line of jackers there lmao :wallbash::wallbash: if scout jacked next season you will be able to run the black with him with your dog this internet bullshit gets worse every day . scout was on a good bullx man yard and he ran everything and teh man couldnt be more happy with him as teh man says he done more with scout than any coursing man done with theres last year . BUT ALL I CAN SAY ON MATTER AND MY LAST POST ON THE SUBJECT IS NEXT SEASON YOU WILL BE MORE THAN WELCOME TO COME ON BLACK WITH ME AND RUN A FEW WITH JACKING SCOUT :whistling::whistling::whistling: AS I REPEAT CHARLIE FOXY X CHARLIE SEAGULL A GOOD LINE OF JACKERS MAKE YOUR OWN MIND UP FOLKS :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: snowy foxy seagull charlie merlin eve joe susie all jacking pieces of crap lol you know your stuff mr fendog

Edited by karlsberg
Guest fendog

top reply i will agree there the dog has done more then any coarsing dog on the lamp,ive seen him on more then one occasion on the lamp run,but he couldnt catch hares,he was in a good kennel down here with a good man and i bet that man taught that dog more then any fen lads could teach a dog he took it back to basics and i for one would love to see scout out perform the rest on the fens as i think they need a mixture of runing then this boring hare flushing on the fens,and i wouldnt be surprised if you keep a mixture of work in him he would out perform the others,but dont tell me these dogs are great 1 trap ponies most of em,and like i say i will be the 1st to congratulate you if scout does well as hes had a differant life then most,a matter of fact after seeing this top fen dog work the big land on the lamp and not being able to catch a hare is it why coursing lads say lamping at night is easy for hares,lol lol

Edited by fendog
I was thinking of lining my bitch next time she comes in season, shes a collie/grey x whip/grey here she is, any suggestions would be appreciated and reasons why the dog would be suitable, pics of the dog you suggest would be nice.

atb J.A

hi mate dont want to put a downer on your post or you but what you should be asking your self is why do you need to line her ?

how old is your bitch ? she dont look that old to me if i was you i would wait until she has had a few hunting sessions then maybe think about it. no point rushing into it . takes alot of time and hard work to bring a pup on and well you doing that its time your not spending with your bitch , or you spend your tme with your bitch well the pup gets pushed aside . wait until your bitch is about 5 or 6 years old,

also if i was going to mate her when your ready i would go to the best first cross bedligton greyhound i could find as your bitch has alot of running dog in hervand i dont like to much collie in a dog anyway with mating to a beddi greyhound first x you could expect to get a good coat , big heart and also keeping the size down and still keeping alot of the running dog in the pups .

i personaly think that alot of people go wrong when mating lurchers as they mate lurcher to lurcher and dont think about what there going to get , i.e deerhound x grey collie greyhound good bitch and they mate it to a whippet x beddie suluki greyhound good dog and think they will get good dogs but which way will the pups throw because to me there is to much in them . not many lurcher to lurcher matings get pups that are world beaters or that do an outstanding job. when i mean lurcher i mean when the lurchers a heinz beans breed dog not first crosses or three quarter breed dogs .

im not a fan of bull xs but be fair they are the most prolific out of the breed because the dog men that have them mate them mainly back to a bull x thats why we get the half x . 5/8 3/8x. 3/4 x and to be honest they do there job

you dont see the 5/8 3/8 in any other breed cos people breed away from the strain they have already got. always breed to a half x or back to pure running dog if your bitch is heinz beans breed. more chance of getting a pup that will make the grade.

hope this helps and dont mean to offend any 1 but thats the way think about breeding :thumbs:

no offence taken,but my bitch has had enough experience on the game i choose to work her on to line her and get a litter of pups, she also has more than enough brains to line herwith a pure running dog eg whippet,greyhound or saluki

atb J.A

no offence taken,but my bitch has had enough experience on the game i choose to work her on to line her and get a litter of pups, she also has more than enough brains to line herwith a pure running dog eg whippet,greyhound or saluki

so how old is your bitch ?