I think a bit of money helps keep the buyers real..yeah.

I understand that dogs get passed on too, but not from me. Personally, I get too attached, worker or not, pot filler or not, it stays. I'm too soft....My heart is bigger than my wallet.

Same here Mat thats why i have only had 6 dogs in the last 22 yrs as i have had my own house & could do as i liked, they stay till they either have to be pts or whatever

;) I'm on my third in 20. Wifey has had 3 in 20.

We currently have 3 dogs between us.

12years, 13years and 7months.

a dog is for life...................blah blah blah !!!!!

it is at our house..........the for sale section is mainly dogs for sale as per the reasons already given.

there should be a seperate section for dog sales with its own moderator, or no live animal sales at all. or bring back the donator rule ( along with a minimum of 100 posts) before you can post in sales, not a cure for the problem , but, may help.

sorry to the genuine lads and lassies, but there are a lot of "puppy peddlers" out there.

cheers

sean

If you pass a dog on for free to a good home I think you get more than money back anyway - you get gratitude, a good rep and hopefully favours in return. If I needed a dog and someone had the good grace to pass one on to me I'd find a way to pay for it whether asked for money or not, to show my appreciation - either I'd raise some money or find whatever the other person would most value or at least buy the beer for a while.

Oh, by the way, I do a lot of work with a rescue. We ask for £120 for the dogs - it pays for vaccinations, worming, microchipping and neutering (just about). The rest - food bills, kennel costs and vet bills (we do a lot of sorting out of old injuries, illnesses etc) has to be fundraised ;-)

Personally i think if you need to come on an internet forum to sell a dog you really need to think if your doing your dog justice......If the dog is a " good un " it will sell itself by reputation.....if its got promise then why sell it to someone you dont know who might never use it for its intended purpose......all for the sake of a few quid !...shame people dont have more pride in their animals.

Guest Catcher

I away,s get abit suss when someone is selling a so called well trainded dog.? :hmm: .A Good friend of mine undisputed had to give up his lurcher,s for personal reason,s.He gave my son a sixteen mnths old dog and lamp.He would not accept a penny.As he said he knew the dog would be well looked after.A true friend and Lurcher man.atb. undiputed.catcher :clapper::clapper:

post-20518-1237798039.jpg