hello lads just wondering if anyone can help me ive just bought my first minshaw pup , never owned one just wat i have heard sound mint about this breed of dog, for their speed and stamener, my pup in 6 month now, his sire is flint full brother to flick, and his grand sire is (jack), any info on this would be great i never seen the dad (flint) just the mother, the mother is rana from down south, my pup is 7/8 minshaw 1/8 salkui..........cheers lads........ :D:D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello lads just wondering if anyone can help me ive just bought my first minshaw pup , never owned one just wat i have heard sound mint about this breed of dog, for their speed and stamener, my pup in 6 month now, his sire is flint full brother to flick, and his grand sire is (jack), any info on this would be great i never seen the dad (flint) just the mother, the mother is rana from down south, my pup is 7/8 minshaw 1/8 salkui..........cheers lads........ :D:D

any chace of getting a pic up of him mate?

all the best with your pup,sounds spot on :clapper:

cheers

lofti.

Guest fendog

well dont want to fuel this but asd is the man and if its true a minshaw pup is retreaving hares on big land at 6 months old can some verify it with x posting pictures as i for one dont beleave it :angry:

well dont want to fuel this but asd is the man and if its true a minshaw pup is retreaving hares on big land at 6 months old can some verify it with x posting pictures as i for one dont beleave it :angry:

wat u on about [bANNED TEXT] i never said he is caught in hares he is caughtin rabbits that i have ferreted, is gettin mucked in with the big dog on other game :D all im askin is abit info on me pup [bANNED TEXT] i no nout about this line of dog but my pup showin real keeness.if asd could help me i would be very greatful, i would like to no the size of the dad (flint) and to see a pic if possible.. cheers

the dog pup wispa has succesfully retrived a shot hare ;) but it WAS NOT on the big land, and was ON THE LAMP.

STILL VERY GOOD FOR A YOUNG PUP THOUGH :thumbs:

Hound dog whoever told you the breeding of your pup has got it wrong, on the sire side Jack does not appear, your pups grandsire was a dog called lad (Bulpa x greyhound) which makes your pups grandsire a half Minshaw , now lad went over another bitch with a bit of minshaw and a bit of deerhound and a bit of collie i think in her, and the pups were sold as 5/8th , 3/8ths minshaw(at the very most), now how do i know this?, well i have a dog from the same litter, on your dams side im sure she was saluki/grey, (or was she the result of Jackxsalukigrey? not sure) either way you either dont have what could reasonably be called a Minshaw dog or at the very very most round about a half cross.

Nocturnal Hunter, i have never read a sentance that is so wrong lol,

First off Kiera was my dog and had nothing to do with Chipper but she was a granddaughter to Bob and sister to his excellent Nell

Now it does get a bit confusing, but the pup you have in my opinion can no way be described as a minshaw dog,(and to my best knowlege wasnt sold as one) i will try to explain its breeding

I owned a dog called Sorrell, now his breeding was from a dog called Blade(bluexcolliegrey called lady) and his dam was called shadow(the breeding of this bitch is in a bit of doubt but i am assured by the lad who owned her that Blue appeared in her) now im only guessing but i doubt she was more than hlaf Minshaw(dont get me wrong an excellent dog in her own right but breeding is breeding) because of this doubt i never said Sorrell was this much or that much Minshaw but just he was a minshaw dog, its as honest as i could be.

Anywho Sorrell (anywhere from half to full minshaw who knows lol) lined Kiera and produced a litter of pups out of which came Giros Ruby(great little dog, with a best of 22 rabbits and 5 hares single handed in one night with still running left in her it was us that stopped not the dog) so Ruby could be anything from a half cross to a quarter cross, now then out of that litter i kept a bitch called star that showed a lot of promise, but she got pneumonia(if thats anywhere near the right spelling ill be pleased) so Giro let me line breed Sorrell back to Ruby, and you (and me and him) have a pup from that mating now i havent got a clue how much Minshaw is in your dog and i have either owned or breed every dog in it for the recent past(14 years i think) but there it is the true breeding of your pup,

What any of this means i dont know but the truth is the truth and alot of dogs are sold as this or that when they might not be, doesnt make them bad dogs, or good dogs for that matter, but in my opinion the minshaw line is finished, probably Chester was the last decent one bred and he wont line bitches which is realy sad .

pic of Flame(flick and flints brother)and Kiera, Nocturnal hunters pups granddam decent little rabbiter .

Edited by nighttimenellie