I have a borderxlakie that loves her rabbit holes etc , last week she came back covered in ticks which I removed and retreated her with Frontline , a few days later she is still itching and has itched herself raw in some areas , I understand that the removal of ticks would have left a few remains and these may be irritating her but I have been recommended to bath her in Duramitex .

Has anyone got any experience with this or has any other solutions or suggestions ?

I have a borderxlakie that loves her rabbit holes etc , last week she came back covered in ticks which I removed and retreated her with Frontline , a few days later she is still itching and has itched herself raw in some areas , I understand that the removal of ticks would have left a few remains and these may be irritating her but I have been recommended to bath her in Duramitex .

Has anyone got any experience with this or has any other solutions or suggestions ?

YOU CAN BUY ON LINE A TICK REMOVER THAT REMOVES THE HEAD AS WELL, WHICH IS WHAT CAUSES THE ITCHING AND INFECTIONS FOR ABOUT THREE QUID WELL WORTH IT .

water duramitex down alot, spray onto the dog will kill all parasites , thats all i use

has MK3 says water it down a lot and keep a eye on your dog some dogs can be allergic to it and start scratching

but shouldn't be a problem if you use plenty of water

Call in at vets & get 'Tick Puller' best I've had & used loads cost £4 there's two sizes, little green plastic things, dont look like much but they work. All you do is slide over tick -twist anticlockwise & pull. Never had it leave a head in yet.

Cant stand the ugly little sods myself- use Frontline as you do already but I also get bottle of tick off drops & chuck them on bout 30 mins before pulling the sods off & spray tcp/antiseptic stuff on after.

Use something on bits already itching to stop her been irritated & where you've left the heads in you'll feel 'pips' they never fall off cos the heads already buried under the skin'