working terrier hunt

linda it need'nt take years. read a few books then chat to a few local farmers and ask for permision to exersize a terrier. then go out and buy yourself a terrier and get a pair of wellies and go out and do it yourself. ;) its very rewarding to bring on and enter a pup. if you do manage this write up a post and get a couple of pics up ;)

linda it need'nt take years. read a few books then chat to a few local farmers and ask for permision to exersize a terrier. then go out and buy yourself a terrier and get a pair of wellies and go out and do it yourself. ;) its very rewarding to bring on and enter a pup. if you do manage this write up a post and get a couple of pics up ;)

I couldn't agree more.

I had never owned a dog up until 4 years ago,bought the lad,originally as a pet from a local breeder,took him home and thought 'what do I do with him'.

Soon got him down the pub where there a few Terrier men and was advised to work him.

I didn't know too much about about working dogs,but the best advice was to let him develop his own character and instinct will follow.

He's taught me more about ratting and rabbiting than any book could have. :)

Something very dodgey about this thread!

I wouldnt show her/him/their organisation the steam off my piss.

If you are genuine Linda, It will all come together and you will meet people of a like mind at some point.

If you are a plant trying to worm your way in i hope your tits fall off. :)

Guest manda
Something very dodgey about this thread!

I wouldnt show her/him/their organisation the steam off my piss.

If you are genuine Linda, It will all come together and you will meet people of a like mind at some point.

If you are a plant trying to worm your way in i hope your tits fall off. :)

:clapper::clapper: very well said, dont think you have a chance getting someone from here to show you their dogs working, it was mentioned you should get your own terrier but if your not willing to do that why ask to see someone else's work, go on youtube, plenty of loonatics on there wrecking our sport!

mite we ask were this intrest came from . not owning a terrier or having friends with working terriers. im sure you didnt wake up one morning an thought i wanna see a terrier at work. someone must have given you that intrest ..

Hello all. I am not a terrier owner but I am very fond of them. I am very interested in witnessing a working terrier hunt.

First of all, is one even allowed to spectate? How would I go about finding a hunt? Any links? Any advice, how ever small would be greatly appreciated as I have never witnessed a real working terrier before. :icon_redface:

you could try putting working terriers up on you-tube

i) I wasn’t asking for users on here to take me out, I was only asking for advice.

ii) I am genuine, but obviously you all have already made your minds up about me.

iii) It seems that people CAN’T just be interested anymore. I guess a 17 year old can’t really be into working dogs.

iv) “If you are genuine Linda, It will all come together and you will meet people of a like mind at some point†~~ I agree with that and I look forward to the day I will get to witness a terrier with a job.

On that note, thank you all for your help. apologies that this has upset so many, goodbye, goodnight and kind regards

Linda

P.s. a trainer friend of mine introduced me to a terrier person from the us. We got talking, he told me all about his terriers, and working, I gained an interest and i wanted to witness a terrier hunt for myself.

no disrespect linda. but with all these antis about. you'v got 2 hopes, bob hope and no hope :tongue2: if you wanna see dogs digging check out youtube. you will get the idea. but ya cant beat the feelin of actualy being there. :victory: i woulda thought someone off here woulda took a young lady owt for a bit of a do though :wallbash: if only to play a game of hide the weasel. :icon_eek::victory:

i) I wasn’t asking for users on here to take me out, I was only asking for advice.

ii) I am genuine, but obviously you all have already made your minds up about me.

iii) It seems that people CAN’T just be interested anymore. I guess a 17 year old can’t really be into working dogs.

iv) “If you are genuine Linda, It will all come together and you will meet people of a like mind at some point†~~ I agree with that and I look forward to the day I will get to witness a terrier with a job.

On that note, thank you all for your help. apologies that this has upset so many, goodbye, goodnight and kind regards

Linda

P.s. a trainer friend of mine introduced me to a terrier person from the us. We got talking, he told me all about his terriers, and working, I gained an interest and i wanted to witness a terrier hunt for myself.

That is an awfully well written post for a 17 year old....... :hmm:

Linda is quite an old fashioned name foe a 17 year old......... :hmm:

All the best Linda. ;)