working terrier hunt

Hello all. I am not a terrier owner but I am very fond of them. I am very interested in witnessing a working terrier hunt.

First of all, is one even allowed to spectate? How would I go about finding a hunt? Any links? Any advice, how ever small would be greatly appreciated as I have never witnessed a real working terrier before. :icon_redface:

Edited by linda92

Hello all. I am not a terrier owner but I am very fond of them. I am very interested in witnessing a working terrier hunt - although I'm not sure whether "hunt" is the correct term.

First of all, is one even allowed to spectate? How would I go about finding a hunt? Any links? Any advice, how ever small would be greatly appreciated as I have never witnessed a real working terrier before. :icon_redface:

Try reading about it first.A good book seller is www.readcountrybooks.com A good book is Hunt and working terriers by Joclyn Lucas now in reprint.
Hello all. I am not a terrier owner but I am very fond of them. I am very interested in witnessing a working terrier hunt - although I'm not sure whether "hunt" is the correct term.

all due respect linda but think that request is a lost cause

Okay, thanks, I have sent of for the book by Jocelyn Lucas and will look for others. I was just advised that the best way to get into working terriers would be to watch them in action and talk to owners. But i'll definatly do a lot of reading before I even think about it again.

Edited by linda92

linda just set up a web site and say tell me about working terriers you will be amazed

by the responce or place an ad in the loot working terrier for sale , then say to any callers

oh its sold but what do you work , again you will be amazed , ;) )

with that many antis out there you will be lucky to find anyone who will even show you there dogs never mind them working :angel::angel:

I see that now, but I am serious and will remain patient and continue looking for someone willing to take me out on a hunt. If it takes years, it takes years

:)

A wee bit strange do you not think i mean on the first day you join and this is the first question you ask???

If you are into this kind of thing you must know other people who are into it too eh?

Terrie

RE Terrie : I joined to ask this question. If you think that is a bit strange, then I apologise for thinking that this was the place to ask for advice. not everyone interested is going to be an “antiâ€, some of us are honestly interested in witnessing REAL WORK.

Linda