seen all the others- lakie time folks

she's a cracker felldog :clapper: i just gotta get my lazy arse out n work these 2 terriers this comin season lol got a good mate who's helpin me out with some diggin but its a trek to get there :( :wacko:

Edited by bluedogge

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people dont realise that there are plenty of good lakelands about still

There would be a lot more good working lakelands out there if people weren't so quick to get rid of young dog's, you hear all too often that someone has got rid of a young dog or bitch because it showed no interest at the age of twelve months or so. Some of them just need a little longer. My own dog (18months) didn't show much interest until he was about 15 months and I dug to him 3 times since. Next season will tell a lot, I'm just glad I didn't fall into the trap of not giving him enough time.

Edited by nipper78
people dont realise that there are plenty of good lakelands about still

There would be a lot more good working lakelands out there if people weren't so quick to get rid of young dog's, you hear all too often that someone has got rid of a young dog or bitch because it showed no interest at the age of twelve months or so. Some of them just need a little longer. My own dog (18months) didn't show much interest until he was about 15 months and I dug to him 3 times since. Next season will tell a lot, I'm just glad I didn't fall into the trap of not giving him enough time.

Never heard a truer statement there mate !! This wee dogs not even 2 and showing great potential, coming on a treat with a bit of time and effort ;)

post-15880-1236102989_thumb.jpg

There would be a lot more good working lakelands out there if people weren't so quick to get rid of young dog's, you hear all too often that someone has got rid of a young dog or bitch because it showed no interest at the age of twelve months or so. Some of them just need a little longer, very true mate but it applies to ALL working breeds i think! many people seem to fail a dog before it has a chance to prove itself