its about every 6 months pet but some can vary slightly.

there on season roughy about three weeks with some bloody discharge

be warned she will want to mate with a dog as much as the dogs will :whistling:

so if you dont want her in pup you had better keep and eye :thumbs:

how old is your bitch

Edited by dwalin
its about every 6 months pet but some can vary slightly.

there on season roughy about three weeks with some bloody discharge

be warned she will want to mate with a dog as much as the dogs will :whistling:

so if you dont want her in pup you had better keep and eye :thumbs:

how old is your bitch

8 months

wat what age roughly should i expect my russell bitch to come into season and how often after that?

Hello mikey,

timing of seasons does vary alot and they last about three weeks, the bloody disgharge will last for a while after which she will stand for a dog, people quote various times that a bitch will stand and will tell you its ok after 15 16 17 odd days, you will need to watch your bitch closely. I once had a bitch stand at 21 days and was sucessfully lined.

I my opinion you should let your bitch get past the age of two years before thinking of having pups.

The Kennel club wont register litters if the bitch is under two.

Good luck mate,

Tony A.

wat what age roughly should i expect my russell bitch to come into season and how often after that?

Hello mikey,

timing of seasons does vary alot and they last about three weeks, the bloody disgharge will last for a while after which she will stand for a dog, people quote various times that a bitch will stand and will tell you its ok after 15 16 17 odd days, you will need to watch your bitch closely. I once had a bitch stand at 21 days and was sucessfully lined.

I my opinion you should let your bitch get past the age of two years before thinking of having pups.

Good luck mate,

Tony A.

thanks for the reply at what age do they start their seasons

a bitch usally has a season every six months but all bitches are different the first season usally from 8 months onwards and then this lasts for 3 weeks they say a bitch usally takes a dog from the 11th day of her season but as ive said all bitches are different my old bitch would come in every five months and take a dog from the 7th day, my other bitch would come in every 6 months and wouldnt take a dog till the 13 day

Guest bullterrier

Hello mikey,

Good luck mate,

Tony A.

you can register a litter from a bitch at 12 months old with the kennel club doesnt mean its right to breed at that age . :thumbs: ..john