Which Rimfire Rifle Scope?

3-9 x 40/50 with an Mildot reticule, with or without illumination.

Nikko or Hawke would be towards the budget end of the scale.

I have used a Nikko for years, I was hung up about the cost of it >£70, but I hit what I shoot at, use it on the lamp up to and over 100yrds. I just have to except that if its not broke, dont fix it..

This was a shared bag from last night at long range, up to 110 yards on the lamp

IMG_6009-1.jpg

I use a Hawke 3-9x50 ......adequate for the range of the rimfire. Mil dots are useful when using different ammo or ranges. I wouldnt bust the wallet for air rifle or .22 rf.

Yeah, i quite like that motto. I already have the 3-9x50 hawke HD scope on my HW100.

Thanks Lads

Have a look at the Bushnell Banner or Trophy range of scopes. Very good glass for the money. I'm now using a 6-18x40 Trophy on my 22lr just swopped it over from a Banner 4-12x40.

On my 223 I have a new Bushnell 6-24x50 with the target turrets and mildot ret.

Edited by clivej
not the ultra cheap Hawke stuff

Oh, don't be so arsey!!

I have a Hawke 6x42 Mildot onn my CZ, and I'm perfectly happy with it!!

Image064.jpg

And before you accuse me of loving substandard stuff, I used to work at a top London gunmakers in Mayfair, for 4 years, and have used lots of premium stuff, Zeiss, Leica etc etc, but I just don't see the need on a £300 rimfire. If I had a couple of grand floating about it would be different of course, but needs must.

Effortless

not the ultra cheap Hawke stuff

Oh, don't be so arsey!!

I have a Hawke 6x42 Mildot onn my CZ, and I'm perfectly happy with it!!

Image064.jpg

And before you accuse me of loving substandard stuff, I used to work at a top London gunmakers in Mayfair, for 4 years, and have used lots of premium stuff, Zeiss, Leica etc etc, but I just don't see the need on a £300 rimfire. If I had a couple of grand floating about it would be different of course, but needs must.

Effortless

I'm not being arsey.

I've several Hawke scopes, their £90 jobs are OK. But the Sport HD stuff, your £50 specials, are so dreadful someone should ban them. If you get one which has accurate adjustments and holds zero, you've done well. Mine certainly didn't (but I only got it for a 2 week period before I got rid of a rifle, so I didn't care).

I'd spend about £100-£150 on a rimfire scope. They don't need to be brilliant by any means, but ultra-cheap is too far IMHO. I've had Nikko stuff which has been OK, Hawke Reflex was/is OK, MTC is OK too. None of which could be classed as expensive in the world of scopes.

I'd always go for a scope with target turrets, at least for elevation. As mentioned due to banana like trajectory a dial in feature is desireable and good fun shooting bank on the X everytime rather than holdover.

If you can find an oder Phillipino made Simmons 6 - 20 x 44 I can recomend it.

Having said that I bought an american market chinese BSA sweet .22 for under £50 delivered off the net, local gunny has the same thing in for £99. It's proving a very nice reliable scope.

The old Japanese made Tasco's again are a good 2nd hand bargain. I used these many years ago and all proved excellant :clapper:;)

i no long took delivery of my new left hooker .22lr

now what to put on it???

i had a leupold vx111 4.5x14 x 50 illuminated reticule sitting lying next to gun cabinet doing nowt coz id upgraded on my centerfire

so on it went....thought it was a bit of overkill tho but why spend on a scope when i got one there???

its bloody ace on the.22lr !!!!!!!!!

im chuffed to bits

sauer