Post FAC Interview

Hello All,

Finally, i heard back from the West Yorkshire Firearms in regards to my Firearms App for a 17hmr and 22lr.

An interview and land check was arranged last monday which, i beleive, was a great success.

The inital response from the FLO was 'There should be no problems with you application', however, 7 days on......and nothing.

I was made aware that i have to literally wait to hear from them. Whether it is the license through the post or a phone call.

I understand that the FLO writes up a full proifle report for the senior to evaluate whether the applciant is competent or not.

So, maybe it is this that is holding it up? Is it worth chasing?

I am hoping that i receive the license this week. As i have my eyes pinned on a CZ 452 which i am itching to own.

Could any of you, from experience, let me know how long it took after your interview to receive your certificate.

Thanks!!

4 weeks i am waiting for mine a striaght forward variation .you will get a home visit first ?

Bignoel,

I have had my home visit last monday. I probably didnt make it clear in the first post.

The home visit went well, he then carried out the landcheck which too went well. I jsut havent heard anything since my interview.

I dont know wether its just a case of the license dropping through the door or if there is any more procedures?

Was the "Land Check" result passed onto you in writting or phone call from the FLO?

Is or has there been a firearm used on the said land?

The land check was carried out with me and the FLO. we attended the land in which he asked whether or not i would take a shot from the said position etc, the FLO said that he beleived it was deemed suitable for a 22 rimfire.

i think im just going to wait on it and see what happens. West Yorkshire firearms certainly need to pull their finger out

to be honest when i add a rifle to my land i just forget about it and wait it will come heh

thats exactly what i did when i applied for my FAC. its was over christmas soit wasnt hard to forget about the process. So after having my itnerview etc i know Im jsut soooo close to actually obtaining it......tahts it...ill forget about it now. No more sleepless nights!