my terrier is 6 weeks in pup and its going to be the first litter i have bred

can all you terrier lads give me a few tips on what i should be doing with her now its getting closer to the time

i no ruffly what im doing but the more i can pick up from you lads the better

little or much will help

thanks for reading :thumbs:

Make sure she is getting a bit extra food and less excersize, make sure you get her used to the whelping area before she is due so she is comfortable in it. Terriers normally whelp without any problems but pre-warn your vet of her due date just in case. Good luck with your litter

when she starts whelping try and leave her to it just keep an eye on things they hate a load of fuss - keep your vets no handy and try and enjoy it .. keep your old newspapers and a towel handy .. i keep plenty of old newspaper in the whelping box once the pups are a few days old i put old carpet in the bottom of the box and a fleece blanket as the pups get older i use shreeded paper - everyones as differant methods .. i used to just put em on a bale of straw and leave em to it ..

when she starts whelping try and leave her to it just keep an eye on things they hate a load of fuss - keep your vets no handy and try and enjoy it .. keep your old newspapers and a towel handy .. i keep plenty of old newspaper in the whelping box once the pups are a few days old i put old carpet in the bottom of the box and a fleece blanket as the pups get older i use shreeded paper - everyones as differant methods .. i used to just put em on a bale of straw and leave em to it ..

thanks for that mate :thumbs:

Guest ROUGH COATED
my terrier is 6 weeks in pup and its going to be the first litter i have bred

can all you terrier lads give me a few tips on what i should be doing with her now its getting closer to the time

i no ruffly what im doing but the more i can pick up from you lads the better

little or much will help

thanks for reading :thumbs:

Make sure she feels safe and its comfortable and any thing really for bedding,As long its not wood shavings they will chew it up and it gets stuck in there gut

Edited by ROUGH COATED