best cross for rabbits

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you guys consider to be the best type of lurcher for doing rabbits where the fields are quiet small and the bunnies dont sit to far out so the dog would have to be quick off the mark

Whippet definately, don't need a lurcher, that's what a whippet was bred for.

But a lurcher whippet greyhound collie if you must have a lurcher.

what do you guys consider to be the best type of lurcher for doing rabbits where the fields are quiet small and the bunnies dont sit to far out so the dog would have to be quick off the mark

Whippet definately, don't need a lurcher, that's what a whippet was bred for.

But a lurcher whippet greyhound collie if you must have a lurcher.

ill second that mate, my mates got collie/greyhound/whippet- 6yr old shit hot on comands and retreiveing, but aint got a patch on my 16month saluki/whippet. last outing 10slips, 9 bunnies, mostly taken in small fields.

funny thing pencoedhunter i bought her of a breeder in sarn!

Guest GoneToGround1

there is no best cross, just some crosses more popular than others, if you had a wippet/greyhound and was out 1ce a week and i had a bullx and was out 4 times a week then i think my dog would be better (even though i dont own a bull x) just stated a fact. you get out what you put in mate plenty of time youll get any dog going be it sal/grey, whippet/grey any type of lurcher even bitsa's

best litle dogs ive saw were old style collie racing grew just for rabbs and hares of the seat , saw them win feildtrails comps catch bag loads of rabits any were, got some but been diluted and geting old but still can catch a bolting rabbit were ever ,you need to get the real deal type of breeding top clas grewsw hard colli type and bred only of tried and tested workers ,not just any old dog only maybe ten percent of lurchers are worth breeding of to gewt the best ,ive kept lurchers who were good dogs but not to throw over dogs as there stamp was not throwing over the bitches , i no were there aliter this summer and they will catch arabbit and more