cromer, norfolk

i told the Mrs that we would go away for the valentine weekend, she said pick anywhere, so i thought norflok as ive been there a few times " brandiston" but i would see what the coast had to offer..

cromer was reccommended to me by the girl on the hotel booking line, if need be i have untill wednesday evening to cancel my booking with no penalties.. just wanted to know what it had to offer..

im not looking to lash it up with Mrs but just to chill out for a few days..

i told the Mrs that we would go away for the valentine weekend, she said pick anywhere, so i thought norflok as ive been there a few times " brandiston" but i would see what the coast had to offer..

cromer was reccommended to me by the girl on the hotel booking line, if need be i have untill wednesday evening to cancel my booking with no penalties.. just wanted to know what it had to offer..

SNETTERSHAM

Cromer... hmmm. A bit bracing this time of year, so probably perfect if you want to be really chilled ;)

There's a nice pier, a few crab boats, not so much dog shit these days, and the Norfolk coast is lovely if you're into birdwatching, marshes & mudflats. The best bit of coastline is between Cromer & Hunstanton, but you'll also be in easy reach of Norwich, which is quite pleasant as towns go... I suppose... not been there for a while.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Norfolk - the natives can be a bit weird out of season, but Cromer is almost civilised. :)

stayed in norfolk for a week last year hired a little holiday home in hemsby tiny little old fashiond resort . in my weeks stay tried to go to as many places as poss. great yarmath. boating on the broards all the little villages around our amedeat area very nice. just had to go to croamer for my love of sea food .an croamer crabs are the daddys. very strange old victorian town set high up overlooking the sea witch is the clearest see ive seen in england allmost med looking .nice for a day out .but no more than that . i was gutted as when i got there all the crab shops were closed. ended up getting my cromer crab from a pukka little indoor type market in grt/yarmouth. an lovley they were too. i think all seaside resorts are woth a day out whatever part of the british coast .........

what part the country you from mate. an what do you like. if your going for a little loved up weekend end cotched up then it wont really matter. but at this time of year like most coastal resorts thier a shut shop . very grim nothing to do....other tha the glutton of shell fish.... VALENTINE WEEKEND try the oysters.....

SNETTERSHAM

yer go there and take a metal detector and find a torc if ya lucky lol

thanks for all the replies & talk of dog turds ! :D

ive just called up the booking agency & cancelled the hotel, i think ill leave it for another time, maybe when its hotter...

im gonna do the stereo typical thing & go paris...

cheers all.. :thumbs:

Guest little lurcher
Cromer... hmmm. A bit bracing this time of year, so probably perfect if you want to be really chilled ;)

There's a nice pier, a few crab boats, not so much dog shit these days, and the Norfolk coast is lovely if you're into birdwatching, marshes & mudflats. The best bit of coastline is between Cromer & Hunstanton, but you'll also be in easy reach of Norwich, which is quite pleasant as towns go... I suppose... not been there for a while.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Norfolk - the natives can be a bit weird out of season, but Cromer is almost civilised. :)

im not wild or weird my therapist told me so lol :icon_redface::whistling:

must away the family are playing music again :whistling:

im from norfolk and try out these slightly nicer places with less chavs:

Blakney

Wells

Cley

Basically anything north norfolk

I agree but maybe thats because i live here.

personally i HATE cromer, nice beach but as seaside towns go it isn't a 'nice' one, Sheringham is much nicer and even further round the coast is a lovely part of Norfolk, Blakney/Cley are really nice places.

Have a good time whatever you do :whistling: