Photos Needed....can you help?

Hi everyone... i'm in a bit of a pickle, im needing a few pics of various wildlife.....

Im putting together my new brochure, I'm wanting to make it a lot more interesting than my last one, with a few photos in there.

I'm looking for very clear pictures, of birds/animals, when alive preferably. Moles, Rats and Rabbits especially, also Roe, fox, corvids, wood/feral pigeon, stoat, mink, grey sqirrel.

Theres loads of good'uns on the net, but im worried about copyright laws. If anyone knows how to check if a picture has copyright or not that may be of assistance.

I will be extremely grateful for any help with this, many many thanks, DnN.

Hi everyone... i'm in a bit of a pickle, im needing a few pics of various wildlife.....

Im putting together my new brochure, I'm wanting to make it a lot more interesting than my last one, with a few photos in there.

I'm looking for very clear pictures, of birds/animals, when alive preferably. Moles, Rats and Rabbits especially, also Roe, fox, corvids, wood/feral pigeon, stoat, mink, grey sqirrel.

Theres loads of good'uns on the net, but im worried about copyright laws. If anyone knows how to check if a picture has copyright or not that may be of assistance.

try Irishlurcher on this site, i,m sure he will help you :big_boss:

I have a squirell but i dont think its good enough for a book, red deer i have got that possibly would be ok if you need some

Hi Kay

Its not a book, just a wee brochure/leaflet that I give to customers. I am looking for a grey squirrel pic. :)

Red deer not relevant for me Kay, as there arnt any in my area unfortunately :(

Cheers

try Irishlurcher on this site, i,m sure he will help you

Thanks reynardhunter, i'll do that! :thumbs:

if they havent given permish and see the pic you may be offering a deal in court or out..lol.

as far as i know if you take the picture the rights are yours, unless your comisioned to do those pics.. you can sell single use rights and keep the pic as your own, or sell the rights.

it's a bigus issue mind... a lot of photographers are going out of biznes because of internet piract etc...

to check for a water mark open the pic in photoshop or some likes and look for 'read digmark' or 'read watermark'.. just because its not got one doesnt mean it's free though...

if they havent given permish and see the pic you may be offering a deal in court or out..lol.

as far as i know if you take the picture the rights are yours, unless your comisioned to do those pics.. you can sell single use rights and keep the pic as your own, or sell the rights.

it's a bigus issue min

... a lot of photographers are going out of biznes because of internet piract etc...

to check for a water mark open the pic in photoshop or some likes and look for 'read digmark' or 'read watermark'.. just because its not got one doesnt mean it's free though...

Aye thats what I thought mate, cheers. ;)

..... im relying on people to donate me the pics I need.

I can do a decent enough mole pic myself with a dead mole, but would love a pic of a live rat, rabbit and fox especially... Anyone got one I may use?

Cheers DnN

Ghillies is right, nearly all photos, on the net, or otherwise, are protected by copyright, which belongs to the photographer, who will have the original file or negative, and be able to prove ownership. Image "theft" occurs daily, most photographers live with it, but would get a bit pissed off if they found their photos being used commercially. If you see a photo you would like to use you must, at the very least, make an effort to find out who took it and contact them before using it.

Goes against the grain to say it, but you can find very cheap images on the microstock sites (ooh wash my mouth out :icon_redface: ) or just ask people nicely :) good luck.

Ghillies is right, nearly all photos, on the net, or otherwise, are protected by copyright, which belongs to the photographer, who will have the original file or negative, and be able to prove ownership. Image "theft" occurs daily, most photographers live with it, but would get a bit pissed off if they found their photos being used commercially. If you see a photo you would like to use you must, at the very least, make an effort to find out who took it and contact them before using it.

Goes against the grain to say it, but you can find very cheap images on the microstock sites (ooh wash my mouth out :icon_redface: ) or just ask people nicely :) good luck.

Theres no way im going to use anything off the net without first gaining permision! Cheers muttle ;)

Im doing ok so far, and have been offered an awesome fox pic, aswell as a great Roe Buck pic! Many thanks Bill!

I may have a good rat picture aswell, not 100% on that one yet. Thanks to all who have helped me out!! :notworthy:

Pictures still needed: RABBIT. And not essential, but will help: carrion crow, mink, stoat.

Cheers, Dogs

would his do not very clear but its all i have

I like that Taz, but ive sorted the tree rat one out already.... thanks again mate :notworthy:

i have a hare pic instead of a rabbit

Thanks for the offer lass, :victory: but I dont think I need a hare piccy... cheers

Cheers Kay, I dont need a red deer pic..... but would really like to see it, any chance of putting it up??

Anyone out there got a good rabbit picture?