does anyone else feel this way or is it just me being crackers?

my mum let two tinkers into our back garden a couple of years ago to clean the gutters out and they couldnt miss my staffy as the gardens small. i went crackers when i found out she'd let them in but i still have the dog so not all tinkers are theives.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on edge every night, we have 6.5 - 7 foot gates and fences and I went out around a month ago in the morning and the gate was open (can only be opened from the inside) so someone must have been in. Then last week went out and the gate was open again. Definately think they were after my dogs cause they didn't touch the ferrets in their run. Every noise now at night and I'm up, if I catch the f***era they'll find trouble (won't be calling the police have some very dodgy mates at the end of a phonecall).

It's a sorry sign of the times & it really pi**es me off the amount of dogs been nicked. It is possible to fit DIY camera/lights-resonably cheap. ours has got speakers on them so you can yell at some one from inside the house. My dogs dont work but we had all the old copper nicked a couple of years ago. We've highered the fence- got anti vandal paint on tops & bottoms- & put shingle & pebbles down around the house.

Not quite Fort Knox but cant get in quietly. We also ground the screw heads of the sheds-no one can take the doors of from the hinges.

Things is the people nicking the dogs have got too flaming many to start with.

If I find out an area has problems I'll post & let you know

i wont let mine out unless me or the girlfriend is with him. ive just had to move house cause the theiveing toerags who lived next door kept looking in the yard and asking the girlriend about the new pup . i can get some ferrets now though and have a reasonable chance they will still be there in the morning

Mine all live in, but that doesnt stop me worrying, as i keep rare breed chickens too, so have a dog flap, to allow the dogs allnight acess to the garden to stop the 4 and 2 legged foxes, I'm not as worried as I used to be, I must admit, but still check 80% of wierd noises.

Basically I trust my rotti cross shepard to alert me now.

Forgot to add, mine wears a collar at all times. The tag on the collar is printed with Spayed, Chipped Non-Working Family Pet. She wouldn't work for someone she didn't know, she is actually spayed so can't be bred from. I'm also having her tattoo'd. If someone were to nick her I'd hope they can read, and dump her somewhere so she could be found.

For all the thefts we read about here and on other forums etc., you can't take too many precautions in my opinion.

The tag idea is a great idea :thumbs:

Forgot to add, mine wears a collar at all times. The tag on the collar is printed with Spayed, Chipped Non-Working Family Pet. She wouldn't work for someone she didn't know, she is actually spayed so can't be bred from. I'm also having her tattoo'd. If someone were to nick her I'd hope they can read, and dump her somewhere so she could be found.

For all the thefts we read about here and on other forums etc., you can't take too many precautions in my opinion.

On first thought, yes it is, but i think it is naive to think it would put them off theiving a dog. Let's face it, if they are getting it for nothing (theiving) they may as well take a chance, what the hell. My bitch is speyed but i challenge anyone to find any scars on her abdomen. I was stopped while walking along a road with my dogs and a transit pulled up and two characters ran back to me 'nice dogs are they for sale?' 'No' i said they are only wee pets 'do you breed from them?' was the next question. 'no' i laughed and lifted my dog to show them his balls were gone. I walked home on the busy main road and called to visit at a few diferent friends houses on the way, looking over my shoulder the whole time.

On first thought, yes it is, but i think it is naive to think it would put them off theiving a dog. Let's face it, if they are getting it for nothing (theiving) they may as well take a chance, what the hell. My bitch is speyed but i challenge anyone to find any scars on her abdomen. I was stopped while walking along a road with my dogs and a transit pulled up and two characters ran back to me 'nice dogs are they for sale?' 'No' i said they are only wee pets 'do you breed from them?' was the next question. 'no' i laughed and lifted my dog to show them his balls were gone. I walked home on the busy main road and called to visit at a few diferent friends houses on the way, looking over my shoulder the whole time.

It might not stop them stealing the dog but when they read the tag they may well decide not to bother with the dog and dump it off somewhere (hopefully close to you home)

my mrs thinks iam mad mate i was that bad in the night at 1 point she made me house train the dog and now its indoors :wallbash:

got a gypsy camp around 1 mile down road i was terrible :icon_redface:

yes so you shoud have your dogs taken and iff i new wer they wer i woud not even say..you dirty racist barxxxd :feck:

hi,i'm a great believer of if you value your shit keep it strapped to your hip and never tell a sole that your dog is any good always make a point of telling people it's the worst dog you've ever had and as for p***y camps make a point of walking by so they can ask about your dog because they always do tell them it is a sheep worrying feck absolutely useless braindead worst dog you've ever had you only keep it cause the wife loves it and if it was up to you, you'd gladly give it away(never bum your dog ) nobody wants to steel shite

not being stole, but some times cooper jumps the back fence and goes walk abouts, and i warry about him being hit by a car or killing some one's cat on their frount lawn and him being put down, he killed a wild one and looks at all cats in a phsyco way lol.

to those who are not racist...this is wat i have to put up with ...scumbags like him

what you talking about mate? want to talk about race issues, join stormfrount. its a foum.

i never started anything racist so keep ya trap shut..just tird of people blaming us all the time