does anyone else feel this way or is it just me being crackers?

well was just reading a post about someone nicking some dogs out the front yard

im constantly worrying about leaving them in my front yard, and i mean i live in a quite rural area but you never know what extent those robbing b*stards will go to, anyone else feel the same way?....what has the world come to? i also worry about telling other people with lurchers where i keep my dogs as you just cant trust people these days....i think we should all be united in our love of the sport without having to worry about some n*b jockeys nicking our dogs, i just think its crazy

the other thing i dont understand is there are plenty of dogs that are free to a good home and cheap pups so why take our beloved lurchers and terriers!

how many people on here have managed to get there dogs back?and how?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are the same, it makes you feel really parranoid about telling people where you live, when we have kits to give to working homes we never give out our address as we worry that people arnt who they seem to be and are more interested in our lurcher, the back gate couldnt have a bigger lock and security light. its a nightmare!!!! you just cant be to carefull as we do know people who's dogs have been stolen not far from us!!!!

your not on your own mate, i worry about it alot too,

i have just fitted extra locks and a security light .

im gona get a camera too.

you here of dogs getting nicked all the time

very rare do they ever get them back it is a worry.

lofti.

It happens so often. I never ever leave my dog unattended in the garden. She lives in as well. She only goes out if I go out with her because 1) she can jump the fence if the fancy takes her and 2) I would absolutely die if I lost her - just the thought of it makes me feel bereft. Even if she just nips out for a wee, I go out with her.

ive got my house wired up to the hilt with security, you'd be surprised how easy it is to make pressure pads and things like that. if no when i get myself a couple of lurchers my yard will be covered in IR lasers. these to can be made for less than £120 good luck getting past them even if you know they are there. which you probably wont.

I have mine living indoors as it is a worry,hopefully the guarding skills that the acd has will carry over to my pup and prevent her or the others from ever going anywhere.Something i will be encouraging for sure and may even do some man work with her,had a couple go over the years and gutting isn't the word.

get the best locks and lights you can .. i never walk my dogs in the street make sure your not followed home from a hunting trips or shows dont give out your phone no or address and be carefull what photos you post on here or other websites ,, the jrtcgb used to do a mag in the 80s and they put addresses in the show results section so even at shows dont give feck all away a mate had 30 year of work robbed in a night when a local free rag put his address in the results of a fancy fowl show .. a quick note from the number plate detective -- dont post any pics with your number plate showing ..

Edited by the_stig

i caught some Diddies in my yard earlier on in the year.....said they were looking for trees to cut..they had clocked my dogs....Man..I never slept properly for weeks...every noise and bang I was up and out...........theres always some wanker out there ready and willing to take our most beloved possessons from us....one canot be too cautious mate.

I complacent man.......is the man who will lose his dogs and then wonder why!!!

Forgot to add, mine wears a collar at all times. The tag on the collar is printed with Spayed, Chipped Non-Working Family Pet. She wouldn't work for someone she didn't know, she is actually spayed so can't be bred from. I'm also having her tattoo'd. If someone were to nick her I'd hope they can read, and dump her somewhere so she could be found.

For all the thefts we read about here and on other forums etc., you can't take too many precautions in my opinion.