Kawasaki kxf 250 2008

Couldnt agree more,enduros are much better value ive got a ktm 250 2 stroke there ace on the tricky bits, thru woods etc....David Knight seems to do ok thou on the 4 bangers!!He was flying at the tough one!For 2 laps :icon_redface:

Couldnt agree more,enduros are much better value ive got a ktm 250 2 stroke there ace on the tricky bits, thru woods etc....David Knight seems to do ok thou on the 4 bangers!!He was flying at the tough one!For 2 laps :icon_redface:

no one comes close to knighter :notworthy:

did you see knighter ever ride 2 stroke :icon_eek::gunsmilie: he was happier on the 2 strokes ,KTM made him go 4stroke just like they made Lampking go 4st it sort of hindered there style some although you wouldn't notice now with Knighter :toast::good:

for an enduro bike the ktm 2 strokes take some beating

they r good bikes ,but l heard u need to be on the spanners all the time to keep up with the bike

No I beg to differ, I believe that a lot of the stuff said about 2 strokes is bullshit and rumours to keep you renewing parts :yes: ,.......... on enduro bikes anyhow......

I have a friend who had a husky WR 250 2 stroke and he did 16,000 miles including road work to work on one topend :o I wouldnt advise this at all and this is an extreme case, but I certainly belive that the servicing intervals are somewhat made to get you renewing parts......

I met Mick Extance the british Dakar rider for honda, after he had entered the first year on the Honda CRF 450, I asked him what they had done to the engine as I was somewhat suprised the CRF held together, he said that he did 9,000 miles on the CRF without changing the oil to see what parts would fail first ;)

He also said that the valves were changed from titanium to standard steel ones, I forget why now but 9,000 miles of enduro without changing the oil is a lot for one of these rumoured fragile engines :hmm:

Its not me in the pic but I took it a few years ago when I met him at a show......

MickExstanceCRF1.jpg

MickExstanceCRF.jpg

Remember these.......

00_3.jpg

:icon_eek::whistling:

That Honda is mint,my dad would go mad for that!

He keeps trying to get me to race his Maico 490 :thumbdown: Good in there day but that days gone for me!

Good thing about 2 strokes is if they do go wrong its usually easy to fix,just piston and rings most of the time but 4 strokes are a bit harder!

And yes Knighter is the man, had a good chat with him at the tough one i was buzzing!! :victory:

Do you think the mods would get a motorbike section on here lol...

Wow i am genuinely surprised how much intrest this has created, never knew how many lads on here had bikes and rode, good to seeall of yeah and that CR500 is the Nuts.

Nightmare tonight with ma KXF though, lad rung me up keen as mustard sorted a price over the phone, not summat i would do till i had seen the bike myself but hey eachand what did i care he had agreed to but it, jobs a good un and he is coming to pick it up tomorrow nite. Tidy.

Then bout 5 mins ago he txtx me to say he has found another one closer and he is gonna go have a look at that.

Bugger

post-17252-1233098958.jpg

fazza 123 Maico 490 :victory: I value my knees to much to own one of them, the renown leg breaker :whistling:

your sell it hodge at that price :big_boss: its got some good kit and with the rebuild its a pretty safe buy, :thumbs:

You can always turn it into a RMZ 250 suzuki you know, a set of plastics and away you go :drink: