Which dog?

We've a good pal whose fella has fecked off and left her with her children aged 4 and 6. They had a Rottie who has been taken by the fella too and the three are now starting to settle to life with out the feckin leech they had living with them. Now they loved the Rottie and after a phone call last night, we're on the look out for a mutt looking for a genuine home.

With that bit of history in mind, what are folks opinions on what breed would be a suitable pet/indoor pooch for them? I have my ideas, but let's have a broader opinion, keeping in mind that they're not into "lap dogs" and although this would not be a working home, the dog would gets loads of exercise and they do have a garden that the dog would be in a lot of the time. Oh and they don't like labs :laugh:

Thanks folks ;)

We've a good pal whose fella has fecked off and left her with her children aged 4 and 6. They had a Rottie who has been taken by the fella too and the three are now starting to settle to life with out the feckin leech they had living with them. Now they loved the Rottie and after a phone call last night, we're on the look out for a mutt looking for a genuine home.

With that bit of history in mind, what are folks opinions on what breed would be a suitable pet/indoor pooch for them? I have my ideas, but let's have a broader opinion, keeping in mind that they're not into "lap dogs" and although this would not be a working home, the dog would gets loads of exercise and they do have a garden that the dog would be in a lot of the time. Oh and they don't like labs :laugh:

Thanks folks ;)

a good terrier bring it in during the day put it out at night.

Thanks folks ;)

Golden retriever of a well bred Staffie.

Poor girl, sounds better off without him though... what about a Border Terrier? Or a Border x? I personally wouldn't recommend a Working bred Spaniel as a pet as they need to be worked... Don't like Labs either and we have one at the moment! Or a lurcher from a rescue centre?

Edited by lilvixen

Thanks folks ;)

Golden retriever of a well bred Staffie.

A Goldie maybe :thumbs:

Poor girl, sounds better off without him though... what about a Border Terrier? Or a Border x? I personally wouldn't recommend a Working bred Spaniel as a pet as they need to be worked... Don't like Labs either and we have one at the moment! Or a lurcher from a rescue centre?

Lurcher was my first choice :thumbs:

Depend's how much they have to spend?

Do they want a

Big dog

meduim size dog

Or a small dog?

One the Kid's can walk aswel as adult's?

Atb T 7

they've nowt to spend as they've been fleeced :wallbash: medium to big I'd say. The children are no problem walk and talk as good if not better than most grown ups :laugh:

Thanks folks ;)

a good terrier bring it in during the day put it out at night.

Have you knowledge of any particular breed as I've none with terriers :thumbs: