Raw Rabbits + Black Rabbit?

I met a bloke once on a hawking meet who told me he worked for the ministry of transport, he said they put down black rabbits for spreading mixi near motorways to keep numbers down to avoid accidents. He said the flea that spreads mixi favoured black fur and the black rabbit worked as a marker to show there was mixi put down in a particular area.

He might have been full of shit but it sounds feasible ????

I read an article about raw meat versus cooked meat and the conclusion was cooked meat was better for the domesticated dog which is not a wild animal. I think it was on this site http://www.terrierman.com/

So its ok for them 2 have the bones? I thought they might be a no no like chicken bones.

IMO its important you feed the bones as they are a great source of calcium to strengthen your own dogs bones.

I feed my dogs raw rabbit quite often, but I gut and skin, and then freeze them for a while before I feed them to the terriers, to lower the risk of any worms.

WTF Does this have to do with terriers?

General section maybe?????

I thought the same but didn't want to say anything and look like the forum police poking my nose in. Either way I don't mind giving the lad a bit of advice.

So how long should i freeze them for then how long do they take to thaw?

I don't really set how many days I'll leave it before I defrost them so it all depends really mate. I've usually got a few chopped up already stored in the freezer and rabbit isn't the only thing I feed them. All the new stuff gets put to the back so the older stuff gets used up first so it could be a week or two before I feed them to the dogs.

As for defrosting, I feed my dogs Raw once a day, so when I feed them I get meat out to thaw out for the next night, so I leave it 24 hours although it probably doesn't even take that long to defrost.