Raw Rabbits + Black Rabbit?

Do you guys feed raw rabbit to your dogs,if so do you just gut and skin them?

Shot a black rabbit last nite is this wild or someones pet thats escaped?

I feed raw rabbits whenever I can, just gut them, some people feed them hole but I prefere to gut mine best food you can feed your dogs the black rabbit is probebly a wild one you can get a few different colous naturally in the wild.Hope this helps.

Guest Countryboyo

It could be either or it could be the decendant of a domestic rabbit that escaped and bred with a wild rabbits or its colour could have occured naturally in the wild, i think its called melonistic rabbit or something like that. Any photo what size was it? domestics are often bigger than wilds.

CB

Guest Countryboyo

All domestics rabbits are the decendants of wild rabbits. when coloured rabbits would occur naturally in the wild they were selectively bred to create new breeds. so they can occur in the wild. but are often domestic escapees. my cousins pet rabbit used to leave the garden and go into the neighbouring field regularly and it was impregnated by a wild buck and had a litter of hybrids.

We get the odd black rabbit down here in Essex- one just the other day.

I have never had any choking incident with eating whole rabbit- but i do try to make sure they have been frozen for a 5 day minimum before feeding because of fleas(which the dogs have caught from them before)

always feed them raw,your dog can cope with it.skin and gut it though the bellys full of worms.i used to go lamping on an estate and get 2 or 3 black rabbits a week.

There all to found of sex brothers riding sister and so on and so forth

inbreed c**ts.. :o:D :D :D

So its ok for them 2 have the bones? I thought they might be a no no like chicken bones.

I get a lot of different coloured rabbits in my area, black, ginger, and white legged ones are commenest here.

My pack of assorted mutts get fed alot of rabbit, dogs do very well on it... and no, you dont need to worry about bones, as long as you dont cook them. Same goes for chicken and other game aswell!! ;) Raw is the only safe way, plus they get all the nutritional value. :thumbs:

Hope this helps