Anybody in Leicester wanna let me tag along

Just as the title says i used to hunt with dogs when younger but want to get back into it.

Would like to get to know the lads round here that work the land. Rabbitin, foxin and anything else really

Just pm me.

Cheers Rob

Hi i just thought i should really put a little more info about myself. Well im 23 i have been Rabbiting

Foxing (lamping) And shoots When i was younger. I really want to get back into this but as none of my

family members are into any thing like this and i have not long lived in Leicester im finding it rather hard

finding somebody to go out with and get back into it.

Cheers Rob

Edited by iguanaman2442

Just as the title says i used to hunt with dogs when younger but want to get back into it.

Would like to get to know the lads round here that work the land. Rabbitin, foxin and anything else really

Just pm me.

Cheers Rob

Hi i just thought i should really put a little more info about myself. Well im 23 i have been Rabbiting

Foxing (lamping) And shoots When i was younger. I really want to get back into this but as none of my

family members are into any thing like this and i have not long lived in Leicester im finding it rather hard

finding somebody to go out with and get back into it.

Cheers Rob

Guest Countryboyo

Hi lad im just writing to you because I put up a similar post to this a while back asking would someone let me tag along. The reason I wanted to do this was because im In to bushing with my JRT and staffy and I wanted to try out my JRT to ground. I also wanted to head out with lads with lurchers as I want to get one in the summer. Im the same age as yourself and similar story know no terrier or lurcher men in my area, plenty of shooting lads but no interest. Anyway I found that you get little posetive responce to adds like this. everyone seems to say just go by yourself, and I think you have to prove yourself with photos of your work before people will trust you and have any interest in heading out with you. Thats the impression I got anyway. My problem is that I dont want to risk my terrier in a dig as I have no experience but what can you do. Its like when you start a new job and your boss expects you to know it all on your very first day and isnt willing to give you any training. But in fairness to people who dont know us they have to be some bit wairy, For all they know you could be doing a Donal Macintyre underground doccumentary on Illegal hunting with dogs and have a hidden camera installed in your terriers nose. :clapper: .

In conclusion It looks like we have to learn it as we go along and hope that you bump into a few sound lads along the way. Anyway best of look with it and hope there are a few sound lads willing to head out with you to enjoy our great sporting tradition. ;)

CB

you lads might benefit from goin to lurcher/terrier shows through the spring and summer and getting to meet a few of the local lads, also foot follow the local foxhound and beagle packs because there will be terrier lads out with them. hope that helps whip

Guest Countryboyo
you lads might benefit from goin to lurcher/terrier shows through the spring and summer and getting to meet a few of the local lads, also foot follow the local foxhound and beagle packs because there will be terrier lads out with them. hope that helps whip

Ya ive said before that id go to a few gamefairs this year. Cant follow the hunts myself because im fecking highly illergic to horses, To the point id collapse. And I wouldnt mind but theirs loads of hunts in the west limerick area.

Guest Countryboyo
you dont need to follow a hunt by hanging on to a horses tail mate lol, stand back well out the way.

Lad I had to get an injection before when I went to a chelsea match ant there was police horses around and I was never closer than 50 yards from one . whatever dust comes off them travells in the air and makes Sh1t of me.

you dont need to follow a hunt by hanging on to a horses tail mate lol, stand back well out the way.

Lad I had to get an injection before when I went to a chelsea match ant there was police horses around and I was never closer than 50 yards from one . whatever dust comes off them travells in the air and makes Sh1t of me.

you might be allergic to chelsea
have you any dogs at the moment

I dont have any dogs yet mate as i want to learn the ropes again first

as i really dont wanna be going out on my own trying to learn myself.

Would like to get more experience first then get dogs. Not looking to good

to be honest mate dont seem like anybody is willing to let me join them.

I still live at home with parents we have a great dane so a little terrier prob

wouldnt go down to well. Why would you let me come out with you on a hunt.

Cheers Rob

Best advice i can give is follow local hunt show a genuine interest in the terriermans dogs, keep going regular and you might be lucky and get to help out on a dig i have no interest in horses just terriers and hounds you will meet many like minded people and it will lead to many a good day out once you have earned their trust ,all the best and good luck.

I dont think everyone should be jumping on your thread mate...

Just because they aint had no luck didnt mean you wouldnt have but to be honest i dont think you will now down to a few individulas...

Atb Tiny 7

Get your self to a few fair this year and get chatting to a few of them.. They are a few round Northant's

Best advice i can give is follow local hunt show a genuine interest in the terriermans dogs, keep going regular and you might be lucky and get to help out on a dig i have no interest in horses just terriers and hounds you will meet many like minded people and it will lead to many a good day out once you have earned their trust ,all the best and good luck.

:thumbs:

if i had of read this post earlier we may have been able to sort something..just got some new permission not a million miles from you but we have to do the rats and rabbits first to get foot in the door and we were a bit short on bodies for the weekend but have sorted a couple of mates from leicester believe it or not to help us out..there is alot of ground to go at..i know everyone is a bit cagey but you can understand that..give it time...i will keep in touch.T2

you might be allergic to chelsea

Ha Ha