to sign or not to sign

After recently leaving my big name employer after i have decided to start my own pest control business. I am at a point where i am not sure wether to signwrite my van or leave it plain for customer discrestion and therefore lose a big advertising space on wheels :blink: it sounds superficial but i really am not sure what to do ! any views and opinians greatly appreciated liam

Check out the VISTAPRINT website for buisness cards and flyers etc you can always get lots of stuff free from them you just pay for the postage (e.g buisness cards 250 free) once you have ordered they will send you loads of e mails with offers on. I dont know how it works but the wife is a dog groomer and has had 1000 free cards, 200 free postcards 50 free flyers and just ordered pens, fridge magnets, tee shirts too, all for the postage cost. it's a bit of a pain to order small amounts reguarly but once youve stocked up its done. I also belive you may be able to get magnetic signs free too. Hope this is of use and good luck with your new venture.

Adam

i started on my own 5 year ago , and still my motor is NOT sign written up. i belived like most that costomers dont want a pesty van outside the place. fair enough. however after talking to a good few pesters , they tell me they get quite a bit of work through the sign on there motor.

for me now , it wouldnt matter any way as i dont do resturants and very few domestics now any way. so will be looking to get the spare wheele cover done , and i agree magnetics are the way forward ;)

although my works van is signwrittern, it did not have any suggestion on it, that it was a pest control company, I got two magnetic signs from VISTAPRINT for around £15.00 postage, but the quaility of magnet, made them fall off at speed :clapper: , these were for my 4x4, offering pest control,

I did worry about "anti's" putting my jeep windows in etc, but in the end, I stuck the signs to the inside of the rear side windows, and left them there, lots of people walk past and read the signs, and although as yet Im to recieve any work via the signs, I hope that it'll stick in people's minds, for when they do have a problem, I've since been given a new works van, that is signwrittern with "pest control"

After recently leaving my big name employer after i have decided to start my own pest control business. I am at a point where i am not sure wether to signwrite my van or leave it plain for customer discrestion and therefore lose a big advertising space on wheels :blink: it sounds superficial but i really am not sure what to do ! any views and opinians greatly appreciated liam
When i was a kid ,every body on the estate new the instant the nit nurse ,or council rat man pulled up,they didnt need signs on there bikes or vans,we spotted them instantly, it was a form of sixth sense ,sadly most of us lacked some of the other five. ;) )