Fleas + mites

how do you de flea and get rid mites on ferrets. know u can use frontline, but which one do you buy and how much do you giv them. obviously they dnt need as much as cat etc.

i have only ever used the spray on ferrets which is still only available at the vets

I,ve just had to Frontline my 5 this week due to a few ticks on them which i couldn't get with the puller.The vet recommended to apply the Frontline by hand(wearing nitrile gloves) till the ferts fur was damp & let it dry before putting them back in the cage.

I deep cleaned the court,box bed & washed the hammocks.I kept them in a seperate cage overnight & checked them in the morning not a tick on them & it gives up to 28 days protection against fleas,ticks,etc.Yes it's expensive but worth the money to keep the ferts parasite free.........

I,ve just had to Frontline my 5 this week due to a few ticks on them which i couldn't get with the puller.The vet recommended to apply the Frontline by hand(wearing nitrile gloves) till the ferts fur was damp & let it dry before putting them back in the cage.

I deep cleaned the court,box bed & washed the hammocks.I kept them in a seperate cage overnight & checked them in the morning not a tick on them & it gives up to 28 days protection against fleas,ticks,etc.Yes it's expensive but worth the money to keep the ferts parasite free.........

I think the sprays more cost efective when you have several ferrets to treat as well, and you dont use tons of the stuff either so it should last a good season or more i would think

I think the sprays more cost efective when you have several ferrets to treat as well, and you dont use tons of the stuff either so it should last a good season or more i would think

:yes: Makes a nice hole in your pocket but as you say Kay long term it works out fine & i don't put a price on my ferts health & welfare :)

how do you de flea and get rid mites on ferrets. know u can use frontline, but which one do you buy and how much do you giv them. obviously they dnt need as much as cat etc.

i have only ever used the spray on ferrets which is still only available at the vets

how much do you spray on them??

how much do you spray on them??

Just enough to get the fur damp not saturated.Depends on the size of the fert? don't think i sprayed more than 8-10 times on my hand for my largest hob....

I use frontline spray,you are not supposed to spray ferret,its to powerful for their skin.

According to what i have read,get your marigolds on and spray good amount on to gloves rub through the ferrets coat.

Well thats what works for me.