kennel pictures

hi all,

have just finished building a dog run on a buget, 10x10 with concrete floor and tarpulin sloped roof, I want to build a wooden kennel, maybe with a lift up lid for the jack russel to fit, have seen a few with a tunnel like construction added to the entrance hole, presumably to stop "wind" blowing in, maybe raised it a few inches for a circulation of air, anyone got any pictures of something simular

how windy is it up north?

and note to self, dont try saving money by putting tarpulin on roof,

just had to battern it down with some 3x1 batterns as the sheet had come away at one end, pi$$ing down and windy as feck, but you gotta love ya missus, when they standing with you holding the torch

well the quick repair saved the tarp, no splits or tears, have built the kennel, just need to build the tunnel at a right angle as john suggested, and wait a few more days before putting it inside, give the floor enough time to cure,

total outlay;

timber £90

concrete £54

tarp £6

=£150

luckerly, my job involves using the pidgeon mesh, so a few sheets found their way home with me :whistling:

post-5267-1232281008.jpg

post-5267-1232281025.jpg

post-5267-1232281041.jpg

post-5267-1232281051.jpg

are the shed and run attached ? if so why not make the sleeping box in the shed . :thumbs: . i`ll get some photos up later ..

had thought of doing that, but Id loose a lot of space, as its full to the brim already

will that kennel fit through the pen door.looks a big kennel.i did built a kennel and did,nt measurer the pen door. :doh: anyway good job there

JUST!!!

had to take the kennel roof off, and the door on the run, it fitted with only a gnats whisker to spare, just a few finishing touches to add, the kennel passage set at 90 degrees to the front as john suggested, may also fit some guttering on it, as I was just standing inside while it was pi$$ing down, and a fair amount of rainwater comes over the door

thats a nice job there steve

you really love the diy mate dont you

good on you mate. :thumbs::thumbs:

got my old grandad to thank for that, got me interested in wood at a young age, I try my best, although sometimes its a bodge-it and leg-it approach :icon_redface:

comes in handy working with all that mesh too :whistling: