pcp vs springer

Obviuosly your all going to say pcp,i have an smk springer,and i want to move on.I think i bsa ultra single shot 22. but i would have to get a pump not a bottle because i cant afford tanks.and the most annoying thing about springers is that when im in prone i have to stand up to reload thats why im looking into pcp's.what do you think? :victory:

Obviuosly your all going to say pcp,i have an smk springer,and i want to move on.I think i bsa ultra single shot 22. but i would have to get a pump not a bottle because i cant afford tanks.and the most annoying thing about springers is that when im in prone i have to stand up to reload thats why im looking into pcp's.what do you think? :victory:
I also hear a lot of diving shops are goin bust so perhaps a pump could be a better option.A mate of mine recently told me if your a good shot with a springer you will be a great shot with a pcp but not the other way around.What do you think
I also hear a lot of diving shops are goin bust so perhaps a pump could be a better option.A mate of mine recently told me if your a good shot with a springer you will be a great shot with a pcp but not the other way around.What do you think

I'd agree with that, it depends on what you're used to. If you start off shoopting with a PCP, then your not going to be used to the springers recoil. :thumbs:

I use a springer and a pcp both have there advantages the pcp is easier to load when working from a hide or when in thick undergrowth where too much movement will create noise and the pcp allows the use of a bipod to add some more yards to it's effective range. The springer has the advantage that it's power is allways consistant i can just pick it up and go i don't have to worry about filling it up which is ok if you have a high shot count. Mine is an s200 and a couple of years back i had a red letter day on the squirells and i actually ran out of air i could have shot another 50 if i'd had the springer or a rifle with a larger cylinder. My advice would be go for the pcp and pump and keep a springer as a back up.

I've a springer and pcp, they both behave differntly, if I need some thing quiet then its the pcp, if not its the springer, plus the springer won't run out of air.

Totally agree with you, I love springers. I use a Stealth PCP or a HW95K for everyday stuff :thumbs:

pcp every time .try following the pellet to its target with a springer youl find it very difficult youl find when you sqeeze the trigger youl blink. not so with pre charged no recoil at all you can watch your pellet right through with makes zeroing a lot esier ther fore having a much more accurate gun. as for shot capacity they all differ but even the minimal 40 shot ones is enough for most peoples hunting. try carring ten rabbits nevermind 40 of em after using silenced pcps going back to springers feels like using shotguns......

I've a springer and pcp, they both behave differntly, if I need some thing quiet then its the pcp, if not its the springer, plus the springer won't run out of air.

Totally agree with you, I love springers. I use a Stealth PCP or a HW95K for everyday stuff :thumbs:

Here, Here, :clapper:

I'm with you Al, I love my springer's, and there all FAC rated, the beefiest being 24-26 FPE, but just holding the rifle and thinking about the shot and the follow through,, and the noise they make just seems right to me,, and before all you lot out there start on about accuracy,,, up to 40mtrs I'm within a inch and that's plenty good enough for an old fart like me,, all the best,

Rob. :cry: