1st crosses - what would your choice be?

Guest hpool_hunter

if you had a greyhound bitch and was to line her with something and create a suitable 1st cross for genreal lamping/mooching , bit of everything , what would it be?

list your preferance's , member this IS NOT a debate people , its peoples OPINIONS and everyone is allowed one :D

5/8 3/8 bull grayhound for round where i live nice an flat big fields as you know l/pool hunter. good round in it mate.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's 1st cross deer/grey of a mate.

Great dog, not all that smart but will run all day and them some. Super tough.

Seen a whippet/deerhound before, another mate has one of those. It smokes a hare or a rabbit and then keeps running.

(these are australian dogs)

thats a very nice dog your mate has :thumbs:

My ageing first x deer grey - I'd have another just like her any day of the week - enough wind in her to outrun my other two even though she is more than twice their age and she's the one that makes the catches out bushing locally all 29 inches of her..

_DSC1132-67.jpg

Guest night time my time

from what iv seen lately, would have to be australian cattle dog x greyhound, not long ago i would have said border collie everytime,those things can do all of it apart from hares,

wheaton half x or pure working wheaton? :D they have good coats, extremely loyal, tractable, fire enough to take on anything and they are bigger than a beddy so pup's will be more even as a litter in size. just my preference though. :icon_redface: other than that a good half x bull grey

Guest ashwoodvale

have deer x grey,my bitch was a dinger on hare and rabbit,the start of this season,then electric wire RUINED her,she wouldnt chase anymore so phts

i still have the dog,hes been injured with toe problems all season,but hes game as fook.so hopefully next season for him

just crossed to the dark side buying a saluki x,so il give ye heads up next season