shooting dogs

hi all i was just wondering could a keeper shoot my dogs if they were on a lead away from any livestock ? its just that everytime i wlk to my permission i have to cross a footpath and every time the gamekeeper has a go at me saying he has seen me come out of this wood with a brace of pheasant :blink: basicly a prick all becouse i didnt go beating for him coz he is a tosser :( his wife owns a shop up the road and she is allways sayng watch out XXXX is going to shoot your dogs next time he see you :wankerzo4: so could he leggally shoot m y dogs if they were on the lead on a footpath ?

In a word NO.

If your dogs are under control on a public footpath he has no rights.

I would have thought that he should,nt have a gun unsleeved on a public right of way, call local plod if he directly threatens you.

next time im gonna phone the police he said to me once next time i see you im going to break every bone in your body :angel: i just said yeah and it will be your birds getting shot tonoght :o

Edited by ferret boy charlie
lol charlie id of told him to get F***** and as for hi wife tell her aswell. if he shot your dog whilst you had it on a lead i think the law might come round and take his guns of him ha.

lol she keeps asking who are all the lads with guns\ferrets\dogs round here are too lol i might go do a bit of roost shooting tonight ....

The way you are talking on this thread i would not be suprised if he has good reason's to threaten you..and you want to be careful he does not phone the police on you for poaching his lively hood..

Millet

thats the thing see mate i havent poached nothing at all coz im good mates with one of the labours bt if he is threatning me where do i stand all this coz i didnt go beating for him ........

p.s edited to say if i had poached then i would take the rap not complain on here infact id think i got off quite luckily he is onnly threatening :victory:

Edited by ferret boy charlie
In a word NO.

If your dogs are under control on a public footpath he has no rights.

I would have thought that he should,nt have a gun unsleeved on a public right of way, call local plod if he directly threatens you.

SPOT ON, if he say's it again, And your dog is on the LEAD ?, TAPE what he say's on your phone and take it to the police. Then see what they say, then you will know where you really stand. I think with all the probs with guns, the police would not let him DO IT ;)

Guest Countryboyo

Get your solicitor to send him a letter saying if you recieve anymore threats you will be forced to take legal action under the threatening to inflict grievous bodily harm act .

As bird said if you have him on tape all the better.

Edited by Countryboyo
:hmm: i had some gimp go off at me evan tho iw asnt on his land lol, we just fought with words for agesssss. then e was like ill shoot yo and your dog i said do it and see what happens to your life, your dogs will be killed and your starting something over nothing. then hewent inside for 5 min came out and said i called the pigs, i said good, i hope thay can tll you how much of a nob you are and put in a crazy house, walked off then he keeped trying me from 200 meters away lol, i rofle at him cus when im finnished lmaping there i whistel and get his greyhounds barking non stop lol :D