Guest mick l

just take your time theres no rush the best way i have found is to let the young dog watch the other terriers of the lead let the older dogs mark up a set where the rats are then pull the older dog back let the pup in and hopfully it will get on the sent and kill the rat (easy)?

Ive started pups as soon as they are jabbed up..

Get real pinnochio.

I think you will find she did :yes:

briccarat1.jpg

Most pups will carry at 6weeks old .My pups are always given fox brushes but it dosnt mean they killed it.

In my experience ,a dog starting too early is usually in for a short career.Oneredtrim- cracking post mate.Some strains of terrier are known for producing early starters but Ive not seen many of these make the 3 season mark if worked regular .Allow the pup to mature both mentally and physically before entering ,something a 3 month old has done neither of .

Guest MOLLY

Foxdropper, i completely agree with everything you are saying, people are just to keen to start their terriers and lurchers off too early..'Act in haste, repent at leisure'. But im sick and tied of being shot down by those who think they know more than everyone else so i keep quiet now, i just worry about the dogs belonging to young lads who know no better, and read on here and believe it. These dogs you can guarantee will end up unwanted and worse. My belief is a dog is only a puppy for a very short time...allow it to enjoy it, its got the rest of its life to work, and if you cannot control your dog as a pup and think working it will calm it down then you musnt have very good dog skills to allow a pup to dictate ;)

But please dont call Kye a liar. His bitch was much further advanced than the rest of the litter and the most dominant. I think she would be about 16-20wks in those pictures and yes she did kill them. We have discussed the differences many times between our bitches, i cannot see any reason why Kye would have lied to me or anyone, he is also the 1st to admit his dogs failings :good:

MOLL.