Good idea or not?

Keep trying to make my mind up where to put my gun cabinet in room but cant decide. didnt want it to close to the window or that if someone was to get into our garden they could see it through the window.

so i thought how about having the cabinet layed down and bolted to the floor under my bed. then just slide the bed to the side when i wish to take me guns out. ( my bedroom floor is solid concorete due to living on the ground floor in my house)

can i do this or does it have to be bolted upright against a wall?

cheers

Best to check with the man you have to please (your FEO). I would say your idea is fine. Ideally, out of sight in a built-in wardrobe is probably best, but out of sight under a bed has got to be a good alternative.

My mates modern house is mostly dry lined walls inside, so his FEO was agreeable to screwing his box flat to the roof joists in the loft. Although it's held down with monster screws, it's not fixed to any wall/bricks etc. You do need a loft ladder to get to see the box though. Most FEO's are not too inflexible with the rules.

Edited by Geoff.C