More Rathound fun along the river bank

Guest Leveller

Guest Leveller

Another pub meet a good feed and then on to the draw we went upstream with a blank we had a mark from the Exmoor draft but someone saw a fox go away not long before we got there so the hound was quite possibly marking where he had come from

w7gec0.jpg

w7gev9.jpg

w7gf9h.jpg

After about 3 hours the kids were worn out so I decided to go back and fetch the car and call it a day, I loaded up the car and made for home when I met the terrierman in the lanes going back to fetch the gear as hounds had hunted a rat up a drain and were marking there, so I parked up and walked across the field to the mark. The drain was to small to enter a dog so we taped the Bellman Flint collar to a drain rod and pushed as far as we could adding rods on the way until it came to a halt.

w7gfhx.jpg

a56ge.jpg

150yds into the field the locator read 1.3 m's so we opened up and found the rat stuck behind the rod and the beginning of the drain he bolted, vented in our faces and was accounted for :good:

Nice one.. :good: ..ive been on a few rat hunt's with the hound's and it's a good day out..

I thought it was still a bit too early to start the season though.. through the water still being cold..

Millet

personally Id rather have a days mink hunting. :ph34r: :good: :whistle:

Guest MOLLY

I think he meant for the hounds :rolleyes::D We were told they dont start hunting till the weather warms up a touch, usually April time, but not if still cold. But the weather will be warmer further south than it is here. We might get out with the border counties next week, other than that ive been invited out with the pack up here :D

I have to say the rat hounds are best hunting trip ive ever been on, and must remember to make some sarnies for the next one its a long and busy day.

MOLL.

Guest Leveller

Absolutely right Moll it is April :tongue2:

It probably will be a little warmer down here but that was only the third meet and the season proper starts on May 1st. I hope you've got a cool bag for your sarnies, let us know how it goes so.

Guest MOLLY

Will do ;) Although your not allowed to take photos at the meets ive been to, i did the 1st time, but after that they had stopped it :( Too many antis causing trouble, someone even called the police and said we were digging badgers...how bloody rediculous :blink:

MOLL.