Saluki's

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone ought to maybe write a book about all the old coursing lines , I recon it would be a best seller :D

It would be handy if everyone would add to www.pawvillage.com any pedigree's they have that aren't already on and any relevant photos.

I would love to see a photo of Deacon but nobody seems to have one.

Great Photo's...please keep them coming! Some stunning looking dogs!

Really appreciate the following up on the pedigree's...it is good to have this history documented...all the showy pedigree's are up on PawVillage, but it is the coursing lines which are continuing the functional Saluki and are so important.

So I have moved back a few generations now, and Cruise is tracked all the way to the desert except for the lines from Xarifa Zalla and Merizel Sakkara Tani who are 8 generations back.

Missing behind Delightful Lady, are Tusley Natasha, Starflight Gala of Ajuz, Knightellington Habib and Nanz Amira Azziz.

Thanks everyone...love seeing these photo's of dogs working the way they are meant to.

Cheers!

Knightellington Habib; Sire Knightellington Esmail, Dam Knightellington Anahite

Runner-up Kerrison Trophy 1978/9

Winner Knightellington Dog Stake 1978/9

Runner-up Yehuni Cup 1977/8

I wish my Scanner was working as I have loads of coursing reports and photos featuring almost all the dogs mention in this thread from 70s through to the late 90s.

Knightellington Habib; Sire Knightellington Esmail, Dam Knightellington Anahite

Runner-up Kerrison Trophy 1978/9

Winner Knightellington Dog Stake 1978/9

Runner-up Yehuni Cup 1977/8

I wish my Scanner was working as I have loads of coursing reports and photos featuring almost all the dogs mention in this thread from 70s through to the late 90s.

Thanks Meerihunter...you have been incredibly helpful...and I wish your scanner was working too!...would love to see photo's

• 5 months later...

Very good topic. I had a gorgeous relation to many of these dogs when I was in the UK. I'll have to post her pictures some time. She was a stunner, and it broke my heart to leave her in the UK when I had to relocate to the US (I could never take her from her fields and her hares!).