Saluki's

Hi

Hoping you guys can help. I am about to get a Saluki here in Australia which goes back to Pharo/Kizzy lines and I am putting together its pedigree, and Paw Village runs out on the coursing line.

If anyone can help me with pedigree's (or just parents would be a start) for

Knightellington Fadya

Ilsham Janessa

Aliped Attalus of Kwiyas

Nourjehan Barguest

I have taken him back to the desert on all other lines.

Would also love any photo's of Pharo, Kizzy or any of their ancestor's, and Mister Strike and Princess Rebecca.

Live coursing is illegal in Australia, but I still expect any Saluki I own to be able to catch a rabbit if they are in a field without barbed wire and no-one watching :whistling:

Thank you to any one who can help.

Jazzsaluk

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt think we had them,ever heard of the forum ozziedoggers? will help alot . ive seen only one dog but i think he is in NSW or victoria. good luck tho.oh and coursing is not ilegal. as long as it isnt released coursing like taking one into a paddok and letting it go then letting the dog kill it im pritty sure, and if thats not the case f**k it i still dog hare rabbit foxes posums and roo and dont care who knows it :D

this is cruise of shilden this dog could stop em anywhere field or

cruiseofshildon.jpg

heres one of him with his son cruise junior

ANSONSKENNELS-1.jpg

this below is ash (royal jihad) he was a forley finalist the year dancer won

ash.jpg

below is the coursing record of ash and talk of the town they are then the parents of khan jihad

theultimaterecord.jpg

heres two youngsters i bred they are kizzy pharo both sides cruise is from kizzy pharo

mikeandmars001-1.jpg

cracking dogs brookie

them salikis luck very quick.

do you mainly keep pure breds ?

macker

thanks macker your right the pures are very quick the kizzy pharoh breeding is arguably the quickest breed of saluki in the british isles i keep a few lurchers as well as the pures

saw some saluks in usa very quick nice type of dog had the privledge to go to several jack rabbit coursing days some were decent dogs as its rough ground and suits them on some land , saw p sagars dogs years ago he imported some from usa , great over there for the saluk unlimited land to run on and when you get rains like the last three seasons well you can chase several in a few hours without to much of a chew , lke the saluks but some would do my head in but them some were fine alla bout lines of dogs and training ,saw three or four over by who were very good on a strong jack rabbit ,

ye both fine specimans it must be hard to find god catching salukis as thye are not as common now working ones are they or ones that catch, saw them up the lammermuir hill years ago on the blue hares u ever up that way brookie

do you get much coursing in wales as ive been there several times digging foxing shooting fishing but not much coursing were all going on about match dogs i wonder how they caut hares on the fens before saluks were popular as ive caut them with allsorts of dogs ,but were of a good stamp stayed in suffolk for 2 years used to go up to norfolk on the prowl for game every weekend i had off good fun

strong pups fawn one looks racy black one a tank , like the sniper bitch simlair to sniper, mines was very simliar to her in shape but darker coulored black and tan with white ,very good dog ,caut several hares and deer and got talked into selling him by mates who were a bit peeved i had him ,youth and stupidity realy but you live and learn . he cuat his first hares nine months and deer at 11 months very spunky and aggresive on a chase and didnt give up ,which was pain at times for lamping and poaching but was avery good dog mate,liked him and miss him at times he fetched and dwould come into you on a nite al you felt was his nose on you in the dark ye he was agood dog get annoyed talking about it , do you get much coursing localy in wales or have the ex miners ate them all lol ,